FOURTEEN- CELESTE: BECAUSE EZRA SAID SO

I grumbled as Ezra nudged me towards Kallus, his arms were cross as he stared me down with a uneasy growl. Ezra told me that I would have to apologize to Kallus in order to build a friendship with him. I stood there awkwardly, struggling for the right words.

"I am genuinely sorry for threatening you with my lightsaber."

"You're forgiven."

"And I hope a friendship is in the future."

"I-I would be honored to call another Jedi my friend. I hope you can forgive me for all I've done to you in the past." I pushed the flashbacks away, merely nodding my head before looking down at the ground.

"I'm sorry if I brang up unwanted memories I-,"

"It's fine." I quickly cut him off, Ezra cut through the awkwardness, placing himself in between us. 

"We have a lot of other people to meet, thanks for the time, Kallus."

"No problem." He gave me a soft smile before we turned away, walking outside the ship.

"How'd I do?"

"Honestly, a Loth-Cat could do better." I shoved him away from me, his laugh filling the air as he made his way back to my side. My gaze drifted upon the grassy fields, the crew was out and about. Polishing blasters and firing their weapons. One person stood out in particular. A older man with blue and white armor, the dirty white matching his mustache and beard. His look was... familiar in a way I couldn't quite place. He was shooting empty spray cans and old stormtrooper helmets with Zeb and Sabine.

"Hey, Ezra, wanna come over and practice with us?" The man called from across the camp,

"I have somethings to get done but I know someone who'd give your shooting a run for your credits!"
Ezra said, guiding me over to the older man. As I got closer I recognized the armor rather quickly. It was clone armor. He was a clone. You chose the most untrustworthy friends, Ezra. I thought, but since Ezra trusted him, I knew I should try to trust him.

"Captain Rex, at your service."

"Celeste Greys." I said, giving his rough hand a shake.

"As in Finlay Greys?"

"Yeah, you knew him?"

"Sometimes me and the boys would work under his command when Skywalker was busy. He was a great warrior."

"I would agree."

"Well, let's see what you got, sharpshooter." I smirked, twirling the blaster on my finger before selecting my target. Five helmets, three spray cans. Four high, four low. I pulled the trigger, moving the blaster across the targets with steady hands. In a matter of a few seconds, every target was hit. Rex stared at me wide-eyed.

"They don't call you sharpshooter for nothin', kid."

"Watch you put me to shame with your skills."

"I don't have the force on my side, but whatever you say." He said, pulling out his two pistols. Zeb rearranged the targets and stepped out of the way. Rex took down seven of eight, barley missing the eighth, he was a great shooter. I could see why Jedi and Clones were meant to be together.

"Your focus is amazing."

"Thanks, kid." He chuckled, giving me a pat on the back.

"Now, let's see your rifle skills."

***

Eventually, our practicing ended in an all-out blaster war, we hit our targets with a practiced precision. Every time I pulled ahead, Rex would catch up. In the end, we both tied.

"Good shot, Celeste."

"You're not bad yourself." He said, putting his pistols back in his holsters.

"Who won?" Ezra yelled, running up to us after going who knows where.

"Nobody. It's a tie." I said, putting the rifle back over my head so it's strap settled across my body.

"I came to get you for training."

"Alright, well, thanks for the competition, Rex."

"Anytime, kid. It feels great to fight besides the Jedi once again." I gave him a grateful smile before walking away with Ezra.

"I'm guessing this training is meeting more people?"

"Yup."

***

Next, I met Ketsu Onyo and Ryder Azadi. Ketsu was impressed with my blaster skills and immediately wanted to challenge me to a fight of the blades. No blasters, only blades. In the end, I won. Although she was very skilled, my Jedi training under Kanan had stuck with me. Ryder watched the battle with skeptical eyes, he was an older, cautious man. He watched my fighting techniques like one day it would help him. After my duel, Ezra introduced me to Mart Mattin and two other clones, Gregor and Wolffe.

Gregor was... loud. While Wolffe was tougher around the edges. So far, all the clones I had met either heard of my father or served under him for a brief period of time. Mart Mattin on the other hand, wasn't a clone. He was a reckless, young rebel, ever determined to fight the good fight.

Last, but not least, I met Vizago.

He was... interesting to say the least. I had heard a lot of bad things about him when I was part of the Ghost Crew. But somehow, it seemed this man had turned over a new leaf. But finally, the introductions and apologies were over. Now retreated into the ship, where me and Ezra sat around the holotable.

"So what were you doing when me and Rex were outshooting eachother."

"Huh? Oh, I was... polishing Chopper."

"Why would you polish that Rust Bucket?"

"He's more than a rust bucket, without him, this plan would fail." Ezra mumbled, casting a glare the astromech's way. Something wasn't right, something was different about his force. A sorrow, a wish. What it was exactly I couldn't pinpoint. But he was planning something and I had a feeling I wasn't gonna like it.