THIRTY SIX- FINLAY: THE JEDI CODE

*Hello there! It's been a while. But here I am with a bonus chapter! This is in Finlay Greys' POV (Celeste Greys' Father). I hope you like it!*

"Watch out, Master!" The boy's harsh warning jerked me back to reality and just in time too. I rolled away, a blaster bolt barely missing me.

"Thanks, Dume!" Gosh, stay focused, Finlay!

"You're welcome, Master Greys." Caleb Dume and I advanced towards another battle droid- slashing them in half. It was like any other day on the battlefield, well, for anyone else but me. I had taken on Caleb Dume for today as his Master attended to some other Jedi business. This had to be the one day I was distracted beyond belief.

I jumped through the air, using The Force to gain momentum as my saber flew through the hunks of metal. Today, apparently, my tactic was sloppy and unplanned. Maybe you wouldn't be so unfocused if you followed the Jedi Code. I thought, frustratingly tossing a battle droid out of my way with The Force.

It made sense why they had put it in place. In fact, at one time, I agreed with it. It wasn't until I met Holly that my view on the Jedi Code started to change. It was only natural as a human being to care for individuals. But to love them, that was forbidden.

Strictly.

It left you vulnerable, in several ways. For starters, families are extremely distracting. In a battle, all you can think about it getting home to them. Sure, it's a great motivator. But that is all you think about, nothing else is on your mind except them, no battle strategies, just them. All them.

Secondly, if your enemy found out you had a family, they've just exploited your greatest weakness.

"On your left, Master Greys."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it!" I yelled, swinging my blue blade through the clunky, beige battle droid.

"Keep on going, Dume, we're almost finished. At this pace, we might have to do the clones work for them!" I had to shout every word just to make myself heard over the roar of blasters being fired. Just another day in the battlefield, just another day in the battlefield. I took a defensive position, deflecting blaster shots back at the droids.

One by one, they fell. We kept on going until we met up with the clones, just ahead was battalions upon battalions of battle droids, surrounding their droid commander.

"Alright, boys, let's have some fun."

"You're always having fun, sir." One of the troopers muttered, making the other clones chuckle with amusement.

"Ah, laugh it off." I said, not being able to help but smile myself. If team morale was boosted, then I didn't much care of it was at my expense.

Caleb stood beside me, glaring at the battle droids. He was always a very precise padawan, he would make a great Jedi Knight someday. Just by the look on young Caleb's face, I could tell he was thinking about tactics and strategies. I knew that's what I should be doing. But no, instead you're thinking about her. Alright, Finlay, alright, focus on the battle. Suddenly, as we both surveyed the battlefield, an awfully Jedi plan popped into my head. It was crazy, sure, but that's just the way I rolled.

"Men, let's get going! We've got a battle to win!"