THIRTY- CELESTE: WHY I'M HERE

The stormtroopers tugged me on by my restraints, a blaster placed up against my back, nudging me forward if I hesitated. My pale blue eyes scanned the group of troopers. Stupidly and coincidentally, they each carried all of my weapons except for my rifle. Going to have to leave that behind. Man, I loved that thing. I thought. Alright, Celeste, focus. Focus on The Force. Think about why you are here. Suddenly, I was pulled into memories, memories of my Finlay and Holly.

***

"Dad!" I giggled, brushing my inherited, platinum blonde hair out of my face.

"And you see, that's why I'm giving you my weapon!" He said, his cheerful, upbeat attitude rubbed off on everyone. He handed me the lightsaber hilt, sleek silver and black marking swirling over the metal. The button was made of a smooth, polished wood. I pressed the button with my thumb, but nothing came out of the hilt. Dad had a giddy smile on his face when I looked up at him. From behind his back he revealed a beautiful icy blue crystal, glowing in his palm.

"This is the heart of the saber, although small you mustn't take it for granted, Celeste. Sometimes the smallest things can have the brightest glow."

***

My eyes burst open, I knew exactly what I had to do. I flicked my wrist to the right, in one blow of an invisible force they were knocked off their feet. Diving down for the trooper with my saber, I unhooked it from his belt. In another smooth motion, my restraints were cut in half by the blades, lying smoldering on the floor.

"I'm coming, Ezra."

***

The hallways were longer than I thought as I used to The Force to find Ezra. C'mon, use The Force. Look for Ezra! His light. Suddenly, I felt his force presence pulsating outside a lone door in the corner of a polished hallway.

"Gotcha." I said, smirking as I ran up to the door. My violet blade slashed through the door. Ezra was inside, but there was someone else. The darkness emanating from him was nearly suffocating. What was worse was that it was trying to snuff out Ezra's light. I pressed harder against the hilt, until I had finally cut a hole in the door, big enough for me to go go through. What I saw was unbelievable. A massive building behind Ezra was reduced to rubble.

Three stormtroopers and four troopers dressed in red stood in front of Ezra. Who was groaning in pain as a yellow light surrounded his whole body. Calculating what moves I needed to make in my head, I leapt through the air. Landing in front of them. The red troopers electro staffs crackled maliciously. Challenging my lightsaber.

I swung my saber at one's helmet, slicing through the plastoid and the staff at the same time. The man stumbled back, stunned. With the second blade, I chopped a second staff in half. But the last one was quicker than me. Dropping Ezra from mid-air, he focused all his attention towards me. Suddenly, I was held captive by it's burning light. I cried out in pain, dropping my saber as I struggled against the unknown force.

"Hold on, Celeste!" Ezra yelled, in a matter of seconds, I was released for the captive energy and dropped to the floor.

"Are you alright?" Ezra asked, kneeling down at my side and looking at me like I was a broken astromech that needed to be fixed.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, just shaken up a bit." I said, getting up on my own two feet. Ezra handed me back my weapon.

"Don't scare me like that again." I said, then it happened, I wrapped him in my embrace. A hug, it seems. He stood there, stunned for a moment, before he returned the embrace.

"Let's finish this."