Now, Wyatt stood a few feet behind her, examining his sister from head to toe with a worried look. He had already changed into his beige, loose pyjamas, pulling a thick cardigan over it. Esmé, quite the contrary, still stood in her heels, wearing her squinted green dress from earlier, not slightly feeling bothered enough to change it. Every little motion felt burdensome to her muscles.

Putting the bottle to her lips, Esmé swallowed a big gulp of the strong liquor inside. Shutting her eyes tightly, she enjoyed its cold, bitter taste travelling down her throat. "Do you want some or not?"

"No," Wyatt murmured, stepping to his sister's side, "It's better if one of us stays sane." He observed her from the corners of his eyes, sighing, "What did you and Jack do today?"

"Say our goodbyes."

After a short moment of hush, little 'ah' passed his lips, and then he shifted his gaze to admire the view.

The wind blew strongly, flapping Esmé's already messy hair around, causing a sizzling sound in her ears. The alcohol felt stronger on her tongue than usually. She didn't know if it was because of her mental state that added to her misery or if Jack had purposely chosen a heavy sort of wine. She glimpsed at the bottle, hiccupping.

Her cheeks felt hot, and her head seemed to turn in the wrong ways. Worry was all she felt, remembering that the twins were on something tonight. She didn't know what it was, but she could only hope that all of them returned safely out of it.

William never left her mind, either. Every so often, she'd wonder what he was up to, whether he was ok.

Esmé rested her head on Wyatt's shoulder, inhaling slowly as her eyes fluttered shut. "Thank you for staying true to your word."

"Huh?" Wyatt faltered, stunned by her unexpected choice of words.

"You said I have you no matter what. Thank you, little brother."

Wyatt remained still on his spot, but he tensed slightly. His arm travelled around Esmé's frame, pulling her into a hug. With a pout to his lips, "Why are you being so dramatic? Makes me worry even more."

Esmé laughed, tightening the embrace, "Just so you don't come at me later that I never thank you for anything."

Or before it is too late to thank you.

~~~

The Londoner Thames was as bleak as the night, a swallowing pit, sparkling as the moon shined its light on it. The waves splashed against the shore in soft, gentle amounts, its sounds relaxed the group of young men patiently waiting for an order from their leader.

"I'm so excited, Finn!"

"I know, Paul," Finn smiled at the young teenager jumping up and down to his right, ruffling his black locks. "If everything goes well tonight, a lot is bound to change from tomorrow on."

Paul nodded enthusiastically at his older brother as he reached for his hand, squeezing it out of excitement.

"Come over here, Finn." Ellis Walker called, motioning all the other men around to gather near him. They watched as a freighter ship moved closer to the shore. The Walker movement was moments away from crossing a line that would either save them out of the miserable hole capturing them- or dig them even deeper into it.

The Walkers and their men had met outside of London. It was past 3 am, and a freighter disguised as a transport for foods yet loaded for an arms sale in the north was about to dock here for a quick stop. Around twenty men had assembled to seize the cargo of weapons on it.