Chapter 4 - Wrath

Harry had finally accepted the fact that he had been kidnapped. He couldn't deny it anymore, he had to accept the facts. He had no idea what day it was. Sometimes it was dark when he woke up, sometimes not. The days merged together, and frankly, he was not even sure if he had been there for a week or a month. A day, perhaps? Maybe he was going psycho. No, he was definitely going psycho.

Slowly, but surely, the anger grew inside him. He was angry with his parents and friends — they should have rescued him already. But more than that, he was angry with Lou. Why did Lou kidnap him? That was the main question in Harry's head. And he hated that he didn't know Lou's real name. It felt ridiculous to call him Lou when it clearly wasn't his kidnapper's real name, but then again, that was the only name Lou had given to him. He had said to Harry that Harry should call him Lou. So Harry did just that. It's not like Harry could just force him to tell his real name anyway — Lou wasn't that stupid. Actually he was really intelligent which was really frustrating. He knew Harry's every thought, so after that one lousy attempt to run out of the door, he has not had any more opportunities to escape. 

But if you ask Harry, it wasn't fair that Lou seemed to know pretty much everything about Harry. Yet Harry didn't know Lou's real name, his favorite color, or anything whatsoever. The guy was a complete stranger — but yet again, obviously Harry had not expected that they would do each other's nails and reveal the secrets of their hearts to each other, but Lou could at least give something to Harry. His favorite color, or his height... something. Anything. 

However, since Harry wasn't going anywhere, he had decided to take full advantage of the situation — meaning, he tried to cause trouble as much as possible. There was a bathroom in his room, so even though Harry didn't know who paid the water and electricity bills, he wasted water as much as he could. He kept lights on all the time and "accidentally" forgot the water taps on. He stood in the shower every day for so long, that the hot water ran out.

Unfortunately, Lou never said anything. Either he wasn't the one who pays the bills or Harry was shittier to do mischief than what he had thought. Harry knew that all his actions could barely be called mischief, but on the other hand there was not a lot of what else he could have done — taking into account that he was locked in a room with only one window which was protected with plastic, making it unbreakable.

So yes, Harry was full of rage. He wasn't really thinking about what he was doing when he walked to the door. He stared at it intensely, as if it would help him to get out. When the door remained motionless, a gust of rage rolled over him, and Harry saw red. 

Harry started kicking the door, and yelled as loud as he could, "You piece of shit, let me out! Do you hear me- Let me out, you fucking lunatic!" Harry beat the door with his fists, and he could feel how his knuckles were already covered in blood, but he didn't care. He wanted to get Lou's attention. He needed to get Lou's attention.

"I hear you very well, no need to yell", a calm voice said behind the door. Harry kicked the door.

"What is wrong with you! Open the fucking door or I swear to God—"

"Or what? Come on, tell me. What could you possibly do to me?" Lou sounded amused, and his calm and stand-offish voice made Harry even more angry, if that was even possible.

Harry slammed the door with his fist as hard as he could. "I'll kick your ass! I swear to God, I will kick your ass!" he blustered, and then kicked the door again, "Did you hear me? I'm gonna kick your pathetic little ass!"

Harry heard a chuckle behind the door. "I'd like to see you try", said Lou.

"Don't be so arrogant! Yell back at me! Open the door and fight with me — hell, kill me if you will — but don't be so fucking passive! I'm gonna lose my mind in here!" Harry ranted, brutalizing the door.

"Oi, you're losing it now", Lou's glib voice said, "It happened sooner than I thought. I imagined you'd be stronger."

Harry pulled his hair and tried to calm down, but he couldn't. He was furious. He wanted to kick the door down and then possibly strangle Lou. Harry was tempted to commit murder outrageously much, but he knew that he could never do it — or even beat Lou if they begin wrestling.

"So you intentionally try to make me crazy? You're trying to get me to lose my mind?" Harry hissed, pressing his forehead against the door.

"Well that's just a side benefit", Lou's amused voice said.

Harry wanted to hit his fist through the door and strangle Lou. He took a few deep breaths before he snarled, "I hope you are aware that you have a wrong guy."

"Come again?"

"You have a wrong guy. If you wanted money, you shouldn't have kidnapped me. My parents don't give a shit. They will not pay the ransom for you — they don't care."

"You sound quite bitter", Lou pointed out, and Harry heard how the guy patted the door, "You really should talk things out with your family, you know. Family comes first."

"Well, hey, here's an idea! How about you open this door, and I go to talk with my family. You could also tell me your name so that I can go talk to the police", Harry hissed, tugging the door handle.

Harry knew that everything he said was just a useless bluster, but that didn't stop him. He wasn't ready to give up, he was angry and he wanted to let out everything.

"Again, I'd like to see you try."

"I'm gonna kill you", Harry snarled, kicking the door once more, "I'm gonna fucking kill you when I get out!"

"That's just rude, Harry. I mean, do you really think you'd stand a chance against me? And hey, you and me both know you're not smart enough to get out", Lou mocked, "Perhaps you'd like to compare our IQs?"

Something snapped in Harry's brain — big time. "FUCK YOU! YOU BETTER RUN IF I EVER GET THIS FUCKING DOOR OPEN! YOU BETTER SLEEP WITH YOUR ONE EYE OPEN, LUNATIC!"

"Easy there, I'm not the one throwing death threats, am I? Who's the lunatic now?"

"I'M NOT THE ONE WHO KIDNAPPED AN INNOCENT MAN, YOU FUCKING MOLESTING SICKO!"

"Oh, see? You're out of control. This discussion is pointless. I'm gonna just go so that you can cool down", Lou's voice said, clearly moving farther, "I'll be back when you're calm. Don't go all psycho just yet, okay? I'm not able to bring you professional help at the moment if you lose it."

"YEAH, RUN AWAY, COWARD, BECAUSE I'M COMING FOR YOU!" Harry didn't even know what Lou was saying, Harry just yelled and yelled, even after Lou had walked away. Harry kept yelling until he collapsed on the floor, his throat hoarse and head throbbing, his hands covered in blood.

He didn't move in hours, he just stared at the ceiling. When he tried to remember what he had said, he didn't remember even half of it. He had completely lost it. Harry sat up, taking deep breaths. His wrath was gone, but there was something else inside him now. 

Sadness filled Harry. He remembered yelling that his parents didn't care about him. Now when Harry thought about it, he realized it was quite possible. Maybe his parents were looking for him right now. Or maybe they haven't even noticed that he had disappeared — he didn't live with his parents anymore, so it was possible. And he had argued with his mother, so.

Harry hugged himself and pressed his face against his knees. He didn't move, he stayed on the floor in front of the door. He wanted to tell his mother that he was sorry. He missed his bed and his friends. He missed his family.

Harry wanted go home. He just wanted to go home.