Chapter 19 - Come Back

A/N: I know chapter 18 and this one are pretty dull and short but what can I say, it had to be done. You need to read them and understand what Louis and Harry are feeling and how Harry's slowly drifting away and Louis is slowly coming closer to the reader. The tables have turned. All the love .xx

***

Troy hadn't been kidding about the training, not that Harry had truly even expected it. Every day Harry was forced to train overall five hours with Malik, and it was tough.

And really, five. Hours.

During the lessons Harry learned everything. And everything literally meant everything. Russian, fighting, using guns, reading body language, manipulating... Everything. It suddenly made sense why Louis had known what Harry was going to say even when Harry himself hadn't knew it.

Most importantly, he had to repeat all three lessons every day.

Family comes first.

If one goes down, that said one will not drag down the others too.

Kill or be killed.

It didn't matter whether Harry wanted to learn them by heart or not - he learned them anyway because Malik repeated "what's the first lesson", "tell me the second lesson" and so on at least fifty times a day. At first he hated it, just like he hated the whole freaking thing that was going on but as more days passed by, Harry slowly noticed he was changing into something else.

And there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Harry walked out of the bathroom, limping slightly and collapsed on his bed. He regretted it immediately when he felt a burning pain on his body. He had pissed off Malik on the other day and Malik had used him as a punching bag. In spite of Harry's training, he still couldn't beat Malik. Even Louis hand't been able to do it so how on Earth could Harry?

Louis.

Harry slowly started to lose his hope that Louis would come back and save him. When the days turned into weeks and weeks into months, Harry realised that Louis was not coming back for him. Harry had been wrong about him and now he was alone.

He had spent so many nights in fetal position, hoping and waiting for Louis to come but the blue eyed lad never came.

So what was he still waiting for?

There was no point to fight and Harry knew that. Louis had got what he wanted and left Harry. There was no one who could save him.

So what was he fighting against, anyway?

But was he really alone? He was never alone, there was always someone nearby, watching and guarding him. Was he alone or not? He didn't really know anymore.

It had been hard to remember what did his family look like when he was alone with Louis. Now, as the time passed by, Harry didn't even remember what colour his sister's hair had been when he last met her. He didn't know whether his family was okay or not.

And what came as a shock to Harry was that he didn't even really care.

Somewhere, deep inside, Harry knew he should keep a tight grip on his morality and his beliefs, but it was hard. A lot harder than he had expected. Now he truly understood the meaning of being brainwashed but yet again, he couldn't fight against it. Slowly he watched himself drifting too deep in the darkness and there was nothing he could do.

Or, later on, even would want to do.

***

Exactly four months and two weeks later Harry was-again- training with Malik, angrily biting his lower lip because Malik was being a pain in the ass, as always.

"Harder!" Malik yelled, and Harry hit his fist harder against the punching bag.

"Keep your hands up! Harder!"

Harry hit harder.

"Harder!"

Harry let out a loud, angry roar and hit the bunching bag as hard as he could. When Malik started clapping, he stayed still, breathing heavily and then felt Malik moving to stand behind his back. His trainer leaned closer to his ear and murmured, "The third lesson, Harry?"

"Убить или быть убитым", Harry hissed through his teeth...

...and meant it.