Chapter 27 - Light in the Dark

"What are you doing here?" Harry snapped, glaring at Mihail. His whole body was tensed and he was ready to fight with the older lad if necessary.

"What are you doing here?" Mihail asked.

"You told me to come here", Harry pointed out, moving so that half of his body was in front of Louis.

"Did I? I don't recall that."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "What do you want?"

"Answer to my question", Mihail said.

Louis pushed Harry away, ignoring the glare he got from Harry, so that he could see Mihail properly. "You know the answer, Mihail, cut the shit."

Mihail turned his attention to Louis. "I have no idea what you're talking about but let me tell you this; you can't escape, there's no way. And even if you could get out of this house, which I doubt given Louis'... lack of performance, you wouldn't make it even two miles, you don't have a car."

Louis and Harry changed a quick look, well aware that Mihail had a point.

"So", Mihail said, putting his hands in his jacket's pockets. "Don't get too excited because you guys don't stand a chance. Just wanted to remind you— there's no point even try."

Then Mihail turned around and walked to the door, taking his hands out of his pockets, dropping something on the floor. Louis noticed it, Harry noticed it and Mihail definitely noticed it, but walked out and closed the door without giving another look to Harry and Louis.

"What the fuck", Louis muttered while Harry walked to drop what Mihail had dropped. "He dropped it on purpose, what is it?"

"It's his car keys." Harry lifted it up, showing Louis. "See? He has rather new model, this black thing-y? You just push it to your car and press and it starts."

"I know how it works, I'm not stupid", Louis commented. "He... he wants us to take his car?"

Harry put the key into his pocket. "Seems like it."

"Great", Louis said dryly. "What about now? We just walk out of here?"

"No need to be sarcastic." Harry walked closer, offering his hands to Louis. "I have a plan and you need to get up."

With a deep sigh Louis took Harry's hand and yelped when Harry pulled him up, and out of nowhere smashed their lips together. Louis didn't have time to return the kiss because Harry pulled away right away.

"Oh..." Louis held his hands on Harry's shoulders to steady him. "I'm having a déjà-vu."

"Shut up", Harry muttered and gasped when Louis pulled him in for another kiss. Harry tried to pull away but Louis wasn't having it and soon Harry kissed him back.

Louis pulled away, out of breath. Harry stared at him for a moment and then turned around. "Let's go."

Without another word he started to walk away, pulling Louis with him, and Louis followed in silence, thinking about what the fuck just happened.

***

Getting out of the house was easier than either of them had expected. They quite literally just walked out of there.

Okay, they sneaked through the rooms, hiding from people, they climbed through the window and moved even more slow than what was necessary because of Louis ankle and ribs. They managed to get to Mihail's car without anyone noticing but then came the part where they knew people would notice them.

They needed to get in the car and drive away.

"I hope you're a really fucking talented driver", Louis hissed quietly to Harry who was standing on the other side of the car. "Because there's going to be some serious racing when we open these doors."