Chapter 34 - The Only Way to Get Rid of a Temptation Is to Yield to It

It was unbelievable and Louis was quite sure he was dreaming. They all, he, Harry, Gemma, Niall and Liam were sitting in the living room. They were in Harry and Gemma's parents' house. Technically it was now Gemma's. Louis couldn't believe they were sitting in peace, not worrying about getting caught.

Although he still worried, a bit at least. It was yesterday when they walked out of the House of Hell and everything felt so surreal. Harry and Louis stayed with Gemma for now until they could figure out what to do.

"Shouldn't we go to talk to the police or something?" Niall asked. "Tell them? Harry was kidnapped, after all."

"No", Harry and Louis said in unison.

Liam, Niall and Gemma looked confused. "Why not?"

"It's in everyone's best interest if we keep our mouths shut", said Harry.

"It's all water under the bridge", Louis added.

Liam shook his head. "It's not. I'm serious—"

"So are we", Harry said, staring at Liam. "Just let it go, it's best for everyone."

No one agreed with Louis and Harry but they let it go anyway, kind of. They asked all kinds of questions and mostly Louis was the one answering to them since Harry wasn't that talkative, not anymore. He seemed to be so uncomfortable.

"So now what? You just go back to living your lives?" asked Niall.

"I suppose", Louis said, shrugging. "Harry could go to college."

"No", Harry said. "That would mean that I need to go to the police and tell them that I'm not missing anymore and what would you like me to explain that happened to me?"

Louis hadn't thought about that.

"Are you just going to pretend that you're still missing?" Gemma asked, frowning.

Harry stood up, staring at Louis. "I'm done with this, I'm going to sleep." And then he walked away. Everyone turned to stare at Louis, waiting for an explanation.

"I think he needs a bit time to get used to this life again", Louis said and got up too. "I'm going bed too."

No one wished him good night, they just nodded, because they didn't know what to think about Louis and Louis couldn't blame them. Louis walked to the guest room where Harry was already laying on the floor. They had that room because neither one wanted to sleep in Harry's parents' bedroom or in Harry's old bedroom and Gemma stayed in her own room. Louis got the bed because of his ribs and Harry stayed on the floor.

Harry didn't say anything when Louis walked to the bed and stripped out of his jeans and shirt and snuggled in the bed. It was dark so Louis couldn't see Harry but he could hear his breathing and Louis wanted to talk to him about all that happened.

He wanted to talk about the kisses, their feelings, everything. Just so that he would know where they were standing but he sensed that Harry didn't want to talk. The more Louis thought about it, the more he started feeling that if he doesn't make Harry talk now, he might never get the answers.

"Harry?"

"What."

Louis ignored the tone of Harry's voice and said, "I want to ask you something." When Harry said nothing, he continued, "Six months doesn't reduce your what?" It had been bothering Louis, not knowing what Harry was going to say back in the cellar.

"I thought I told you to forget it."

"I didn't. I couldn't."

"Forget it, Louis", Harry said firmly.