Chapter 29 - Running

While Harry drove away from the campus, and Louis concentrated on not passing out, Gemma explained what happened after she ran.

"At first I was able to run rather fast but then suddenly there was students everywhere, running and screaming in panic. I kind of went with the flow since there was no way getting out of their way. I heard when you said that there could be some of them outside so I didn't even try to get away from the crowd— I felt safer there.

"However, as soon as I got to outside, I started feeling scared for you and tried to come back but it was literally impossible. Then I saw you and Louis running past me and I tried to yell after you but all that screaming and running drowned my voice and I couldn't see you anymore. I tried to run after you but bumped straight into Niall and Liam.

"They tried to drag me with them but I... I said that I'd stick with my brother. Liam wouldn't listen me and kept pulling my arm so I... kind of, like, lost my cool and now he has two black eyes and no girlfriend."

"WHAT?" Harry yelled, "You're dating Liam?"

"I was dating Liam", Gemma corrected, "I'm not dating him anymore."

Harry narrowed his eyes at Louis. "Let me guess, you didn't know 'bout this?" he said mockingly.

Louis half-grinned through his pain. "Oh, I knew, I just chose not to tell you."

"What else have you chose not to tell me?"

"Can I continue with my story or do you need a moment?" Gemma snapped, saving Louis. "As I left Liam and Niall, I headed towards our car and then suddenly everyone started screaming— so I glanced behind and saw some one of the guys that came into Liam and Niall's dorm coming towards me. He looked very pissed and had, what I assume at least, a broken nose." Gemma was silent for a moment before adding, "He was holding a gun so I tried to blend in the crowd and get to the car as fast as possible. And, well, now we're here."

It was silent until Louis said, "Broken nose! That was a good kick, Harry", and then he frowned, "althought it wasn't necessary, I had everything under control."

"That's all you heard from my story?" Gemma asked but got ignored, again.

"Is that why you look like ready to throw up?"

Louis glared at Harry. "I headbutted him. I can feel a bit sick if I want to."

"Ah, so it has nothing to do with your broken ribs which Malik managed to kick because you were staring at me?"

Never thought it'd happen, but Louis blushed slightly. "You really wanna talk about that now? Your sister's on the backseat."

"And able to hear you, just saying", Gemma said, sighing when she wasn't even surprised that the two guys ignored her completely.

"Technically, she's kinda your—"

"Shut. Up. Harry", Louis hissed and Harry did, and awkward silent filled the car when Harry was staring the road and biting his lip, Louis was glaring at Harry and Gemma was looking at them, confused but too afraid to ask what the fuck.

"So...", Gemma finally said, clearing her throat. "Now what?"

***

They didn't have a plan and no idea what to do. Their conversation with Harry's friends had been interrupted so now they had no idea what they should do, what Niall and Liam were going to do or anything for that matter.

Gemma tried to reach Liam but he wasn't answering his phone, which made Gemma worried. "What if something has happened to him? Or Niall?"

"Then it's their own damn fault", Harry said, getting pissed because that was the fifth time Gemma asked the same question.