Chapter 32 - The Heir of a Demon

Atmosphere in the cellar was anything but positive. Sure it was understandable that Gemma was in a shock and Harry and Louis were somewhat depressed. All that trouble just to get caught again? All their efforts were for nothing.

It sucked big time.

No one felt like chatting so Louis and Harry sat on the bed, staring nowhere particularly and Gemma was sitting in a corner, her eyes frozen wide open. She looked like she was one wrong word away from becoming psycho.

What Louis really wanted to do was cut Harry's tongue off. On the other hand, Gemma deserved the warning, yes, but there would have been at least ten better ways to break the news to her— Harry just didn't think about them.

"I can't fucking believe it", Harry muttered.

Louis glanced at Gemma but it seemed like she wasn't even there anymore. "I know."

"When you try your best and don't succeed at its best."

"This is not a time for lame jokes, Harry."

"Why not?"

"Because this is fucking serious", Louis whisper-yelled.

"That's why this is a perfect time for lame jokes", Harry shot back. "What else can we do than joke?"

He had a point, Louis had to give him that. "We're screwed. I thought that we were screwed earlier but I was wrong. Now we're seriously screwed."

"I guess it's, for me, better to die now", Harry said out of nowhere, "because I'd have never learned to live that so called normal life anymore."

Louis furrowed his eyebrows, glaring. "Don't say that. Just don't. You'd have get used to it."

"See? Even you speak like there's no more hope", Harry pointed out and then shook his head. "And you're wrong. I told you, I'm not the same person anymore. Perhaps it's better this way."

"How can you say that?" Louis felt deeply offended.

"I didn't say it's better for everyone", Harry said, looking into Louis' eyes. "I said it's better for me." Harry sighed and leaned against the wall, closing his eyes. "Trust me, I'd do anything to get you and Gemma and everyone else out of this shit."

"Really?" Louis whispered. "You're not mad at me about that six month thing anymore?"

"I am", Harry said, "but it doesn't reduce my..." Harry's voice faded away, he opened his eyes and shook his head. "Never mind."

"Your what?" Louis asked, his curiosity waking up and his brains already forming theories.

"Nothing, forget it."

"Harry—"

The door opened so suddenly that Louis almost screamed. Gemma did, though, and stumbled up in a blink of an eye. Harry moved closer to Gemma, Louis following right behind. Malik and Mihail stepped inside. Louis locked his eyes with Mihail's and wanted to groan when Mihail gave him a face which reflected just how disappointed he was on Harry and Louis for getting caught. Or at least that's how Louis construed it.

"How's your ribs, Louis?" Malik mocked.

"They're fine, thank you for asking", Louis said. "How's your nose? Looks pretty bad."

"From hot to not", Harry added, nodding.

Malik narrowed his eyes at Harry. "You want broken ribs too?"

"You can always try."

"Maybe another time", Mihail said and nodded towards the door. "We came here for a reason."