43. Perfect Guilt

Enjoy Reading (:

Please read the Important Note in the end (:

---------------------------------

Flashback:

One Month Ago:

It has been more than one month since that night when Kabir came home late and each passing day was full of bliss for her and sunshine for him.

They still haven't let anyone doubt their relationship. Though Ritu suspected that Zara was happier now a days but she didn't dig as they had their own boundaries.

In this time they had come closer, at least Zara felt much more connected to him than ever.

He still didn't say that he likes her or anything but Zara didn't care. She knew that she was being blind in love and that was the conversation they should have but felt that she didn't need words.

People promise each other world and life time of happiness and companionship. Her mother did too. But they break those promises all the time.

So, why run for words? Also, she has to admit she was scared about the talk and what if it didn't turn out in their favour. She didn't want to lose him, not yet.

She loves him and he is attracted to her. That she knew. And that was it for now.

Though she sometimes wanted to hear words but then bit her lips for overthinking too much.

Don't be pushy Zara. What if the only good thing in your life goes away because of that? Also, she wasn't sure if she has the strength to stand up if he leaves her, not yet. Not that she thinks he will leave her like that. He is a gentle man.

Also, he looked troubled now days. He didn't say it but she noticed that he has stopped playing guitar. Though his behaviour towards her was completely normal and she was happy to provide him little comfort.

"Sunshine" She heard him calling her and her chain of thoughts broke.

"Yes Bir." She looked up from the unread book in her hand and noticed him smiling at her, genuinely.

"I was thinking that we could go out for dinner tonight." He said and rubbed his neck nervously.

Why was he getting nervous? It is just a dinner right? Then she realised that it was indeed a big deal because it was the first time he was asking her out for dinner... like proper one.

So can she assume that it's a date?

"There is nothing inside the fridge and we should eat outside sometimes, right?" He explained as he noticed her silence and Zara shook her head.

So that's the reason. Stupid Zara, always thinking too much. But still she will think of it as date. Because it's between two people who are at least attracted to each other.

"Sure." She said and stood up to get ready.

"You can wear a dress if you want. The place we are going doesn't have many people. We'll have privacy." He said knowing fully well that she didn't like to wear dresses in crowd and she smiled at his understanding.

"Sure. Give me half an hour." She said and he nodded and left after kissing her cheeks.

***

True to his words the restaurant he brought her was really private. But don't places like these need prior reservations? May be he knows the owner.

Whatever it was, she was glad to be away from public eyes. They placed the order and sat in silence before he broke it, as always.

"Tell me something about you adult life that I don't know." He asked with a smile.