2. Tears

Enjoy Reading (:

---------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

Twenty years ago:

Nine year old Kabir:

"It's over. She is gone. We did everything we could but we can't save her. Her condition was beyond our saving." Doctor said.

But all he could hear was She is gone.

His mother was gone.

Leaving him all alone in this dark world. His one and only pillar of support was gone. Now who will talk to him, teach him, scold him or love him?

She was his family and he was hers and she left him. He knew that he had a father who left them. He has seen his mother crying looking at his picture. She even told his name to him but it didn't matter. That man has given nothing to him. Not even his name, so he hated him.

His hatred for him grew when his mother told their story to him; few days back. May be his mother knew that her time was coming and wanted to put this burden off her chest.

But she burdened her son for life, and then left him all alone to handle that burden. She got her peace finally but when will he get his peace?

He wanted to shout, to cry but he didn't. Crying makes you weak in front of people. The kids near him made more fun of him when he cried after their bullying. They were asking about his father. He told this to his mother and she just cried for her son's pain, remembering the love of her life betraying her and promised to talk to their parents. But he knew that it would just make the matters worst. So he asked his mother to not say anything.

Next day when those boys teased him, he didn't cry. Instead replied in a strong voice, "My mom is a superwoman. I'm a good boy. She is enough for me. You guys may be to too much for your mothers to need your dad's help."

A five year old kid replying in a strong voice did affect the other kids. He became the hero of his class. The bullying happened on some days but never about his dad. He felt like winning a war.

This incident taught him one lesson. Never cry in front of the ones who gave you pain. They will just make fun of you. Never cry in front of others.

So he didn't cry when doctor told him about his mother's death. He didn't cry when she was buried. He didn't cry when neighbours were there in their small house. He didn't cry when anyone said that what will happen to him now? Who will take care of this boy? His mother has died and his father was never alive.

He didn't cry till their house was empty. He didn't cry when the orphanage authority came to see him and told him that they will take him to their faculty.

That night he was packing his clothes; putting them in a sophisticated manner in his small bag. Something which his mother had taught him from a young age. He got his mother's box of some stuff and a letter addressed to him.

'Bir,

My dear son, I know that my time is coming soon. I will be leaving you. I know that you will be angry at me for leaving you all alone.

You have always been a good son to me. You were a blessing in my life. An anchor to which I was holding onto after losing everything. Forgive me for not being the mother that you deserved, for not giving you everything.

I just want you to keep this box with you as my memory. It has some important stuff. So be careful about it. There is one more letter for you inside this. But open it only when you are ready. I know this is too much for a nine year old. But you have always been smart for your age. So fulfil this last wish of your mother.

Be a good boy always. Be strong enough to fight for yourself and your loved ones. I trust my Bir. I trust him enough to survive any hardship of this world and face every challenge. I will always pray for your happiness. I'm always with you, so never think that you are alone.

Your mother.'

After reading that letter, his dam of patience finally broke. The lone tear that was coming out of his blue eyes after reading that letter, turned into a full flood and he cried his heart out. He cried for his mother. He cried for her pain. He cried for his pain. He cried for this distance between them. He cried for not being able to hear her voice ever again. He cried for his loss; for losing his family. He cried for going to orphanage even when both his so called father and grandfather were alive.

He didn't try to contact his father because he would rather die than beg in front of the man who cheated on his mother.

He didn't contact his wealthy grandfather because he didn't want to hurt his mother's self-respect. She left her father's wealth for the love of her life, despite her father's warnings and when she tried to contact her father after that man left her, he simply said that she was getting what she deserved. She was dead for him and after that day she never contacted him.

Her self-respect was wounded by two important men in her life. She tried to earn money by giving music lessons but even her voice has lost the cheerfulness that was present earlier. Still she taught music to small kids and earned some money for them. She was his teacher, his partner in crime, his everything.

He cried for the loss of his mother and didn't stop his tears for once. Because he knew that from next day he won't be able to cry. He will wear this mask in front of the world. But tonight was his. So he would cry his heart out because that would be the last time Kabir Shah will ever cry.

***

This was intense. As said earlier there are going to be a lot of Flashbacks. This is just the beginning.

I know you guys are waiting for main leads. But these Flashbacks are important too.

This is a part of his past. The beginning of his life. Which made him what he is now.

Share your thoughts and opinions. Vote, comment and share (: