24. Chance

Enjoy reading (:

Because I'm feeling good, hence another update (;
_________________________

It has been more than one year since he left Delhi, three months since he saw her. He has attended her sessions, still in hiding.

He was doing much better now. Her words even unknowingly helped him move forward in his life. He has completed his contract with the hospital he was currently working and was thinking of applying for post grad programmes.

He was thinking of meeting her today and may be surprise her...? He can't help but smile imagining her reaction.

He knew that she'd be speechless. Then she will feel nervous, and look all around thinking of ways to escape but he won't give her any chance. This was going to be fun. This was always fun, seeing her so flustered around him.

But fate has some other plans.

Their time has not come yet.

***

"Good afternoon everyone! How are you all? I hope you are as awesome as you were last month!" She asked with a smile but Kabir knew instantly that something was wrong with her smile. It was beautiful as always but it was not complete.

"Where were we in the last lecture?" She asked and as always called kids to come up and share their experiences with everyone.

As the session got over, she came forward.

"So everyone, as you all know that your session is getting over soon and you will have your exams after one month. All the best for them. This was our last lecture for this year." She spoke.

"Don't worry, your school has decided the importance of these lectures and they will continue even in next sessions. But I won't be here for them." She dropped the bomb and the crowd went silent.

Kabir kept his face normal. She won't take the lectures but he could still meet her. Perks of not being a high schooler!

"The work is getting too much and my family needs me. But don't worry Ms. Neha will be there for all your sessions and you have my number so we will all be in contact. I cannot come here on regular basis but I will try my best to stay connected with you. We can even have the video conference some time." She tried to explain and children started getting normal again.

"Remember guys, life doesn't stop for anyone. It moves on. So never stop moving forward. Never let anyone stop you from moving forward. Work hard but work smartly too. Make those who love you proud, even if they are not with you. They will be happy to see you doing well.

Exams are important part of your life but they are not the only thing that matter in life and its okay to be scared, to fail. What's not okay is when we stop trying. That's the real failure. So always keep on trying to move forwards; One day you will definitely succeed." She gave them last piece of advice before leaving the stage.

Kabir pondered over her words for few seconds before walking in her direction. She was surrounded by group of students and teachers so he waited afar. He could sense something was wrong with her even though she was trying her best to hide it.

She was putting her hairs behind her right ear again and again, something that she does when she's stressed. Also, she was shifting herself from one foot to other, another sign of her anxiety. She was scratching her wrist.

He noticed that the crowd dispersed finally. He saw Neha taking her to the store room and moved carefully near the window to listen to their talks.