13. Discipline

Enjoy Reading (:

------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

Ten Years Old Kabir:

Out-House of Malik Residence:

"Bir! I'm so glad that you shifted here. I was scared that after talking to dad you might not like me." Sanaa said while sitting on the chair in front of him and doing her homework.

"Why did you think like that sweetie pie? You are who you are; your father's personality doesn't define you. A parent's personality is no way to judge his kid." Kabir explained it to her and she nodded thoughtfully but she still had questions in her head.

"So even if the parents are not to your liking, you can still be friends with the kid?" Sanaa asked and Bir nodded.

"Yes. And anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot."

"You talk mean sometimes." Sanaa said.

"Is that a problem for you sweetie pie." Kabir asked smirking.

"No but it can be a problem for you in future." Sanaa replied and Kabir thought for few seconds about her words.

Seeing him so quiet Sanaa looked up from her home work to see his face and realised that she might have caused him some hurt.

"Do you... want me to change?" Kabir asked carefully.

"Why would I want that? And why should it matter? You only told me that one should not let other people try and change him. Not unless he feels the need to. I'm your friend and I say things because I observe things, a lot. My bestie says I could try and go to crime solving." Sanaa said in order to lighten the atmosphere.

"Bestie? Who is this person who knows you so well?" Kabir asked in a weird voice. The idea of someone knowing her better than him didn't sit well with him. Thank God! His sweetie pie didn't realise that. He felt jealous of her bestie.

"Oh! That's Vaish. Her actual name is Vaishali Khanna. She lives in neighbourhood. Our families know each other. We know each other since kindergarten. We are in the same standard. You will meet her soon. We come to each other's house to play. Well, mostly I go to her house. She says she is awesome as hell." Sanaa replied smiling all the while.

"Vaish! That's good. I look forward to meeting her. I will see her in the school tomorrow. I'm joining the same school as you. So I will meet her there." Kabir casually said and Sanaa jumped with happiness.

"Really Bir? I'm so happy that you are coming in our school. We are going to be best friends. I will help you in showing the school. Wait which standard are you in? How old are you actually?" Sanaa asked and Kabir looked at her for a second.

"I turned ten years old few days back. I'm in sixth standard. Well, technically I should be in fifth but I jumped one class." Kabir replied, thinking that they won't be in the same class because of his skipping.

"No way! We are in the same class. I'm in sixth too. I skipped a grade in preschool. My birthday passed few days back. I turned ten too. April twenty fourth. Yours?" She asked in a cheerful voice not at all noticing Kabir's face.

"April twenty second." Kabir said in a quiet tone.

"Oh. Too bad we could have been birthday twins. But don't worry we will celebrate our birthdays together from next years." Sanaa replied still smiling while Kabir stilled after hearing her words.

"Everything alright with you?" Sanaa asked noticing his sudden change.

"It's alright if you don't want to celebrate it together. We can have two parties, you know." Sanaa said in a consoling tone not realising what was the thing that disturbed him. Kabir took a deep breath because her words brought him back to reality.