3. Progress?

Enjoy Reading (:

------------------------------------------------------
Kabir walked towards the isolated area and could spot her figure even in darkness.

Kabir went near her. He could see her standing there looking at ocean and thinking. He could hear her foolish thoughts even when she was silent.

He walked near her and she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realise his presence. He offered his handkerchief to her without even looking at her face. He knew that she was crying. That's what she always does.

His movement finally caught her attention and she was startled. She looked at him disbelievingly. She clearly wasn't expecting him to find her so soon.

Then she realised her stupidity. He is Dr. Kabir Shah, too smart and intelligent for her understanding. But how did he know about her favourite place? She might have told that to him in the four months they have spent together. The most beautiful time of her life and may be the most annoying for him because he was stuck with a cry baby like her.

She knew that now that he was here he won't go without his answers so she didn't run away from him. One thing she has learnt from her experience with this man was; you can never run away from Kabir, not unless he wants you too.

But how will she tell him her reasons? She herself was not sure of them. She wasn't sure about them, their relationship or whatever that was between them. He never said anything, she never asked. They were together but never for once did they talk about a future together.

With the baby in picture, everything has changed. She knew that she wanted this baby. To be able to have a mini version of Kabir was magical. She started loving this baby even in the few hours of getting the news of her pregnancy. But she wasn't sure about him. She never had any idea about what was going in his mind and she was not a face reader so she relied on his words and they never talked about it.

What if he didn't want the baby? He is ambitious and wants to achieve so much in his life. His plans about his future are clear. And so were his words, "I want freedom from all the burdens in my life. Nothing to bind me to the past. I want to live in present and may be think about a better future."

She thought that he was referring to relationships being burden on him.

She was having so many insecurities and his words always left her confused. She didn't ask for any explanation. She didn't want to bother him more. As it is he was troubled, she didn't want to increase his worries and so she kept quiet although the seeds of doubt were planted in her head.

Coming back to present, she immediately took the handkerchief that he offered and wiped her tears. He didn't like tears. He thinks of them as weakness and she didn't want to look weak to him. He hates weak woman.

So keeping her voice strong, she asked, "Why are you here Dr. Kabir?"

"Back to Dr. Kabir, I see!" He said with his classic smirk and it made her heart do the weird twist as always.

"I'm already tired. So please answer my question." She asked in a low voice.

Her words alarmed him but he didn't show it on his face. One of them has to be sensible. He surely was not going to be the sane one but he can't ignore her health.

He gestured her to wait and walked hurriedly to the opposite side of the beach and bought one tender coconut for her. He then made her seat on the rocks nearby and offered her that. She took it without any question and drank it. She felt refreshed after that and looked up at him to see him looking at her accusingly.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you? Don't you know that you have to be careful about your health? What were you doing at an isolated beach at this time of night? You haven't learnt anything yet, have you?" He scolded her and again her eyes started watering.

"Here they come now! The waterworks are starting. Now I can't even say anything to you because one word in high voice and madam will start crying!" He said getting frustrated over her. He has told her so many times that he hates tears yet she will cry again and again. He thought that she has improved in the past few months but no, they were back to square one.

"Now stop crying! Will you? Why are you even crying? I'm the one who should be angry. You messaged me that you are pregnant and then you left without waiting for my reply. And that stupid note, who writes such things now a days?" Kabir said in an angry tone.

She finally got up, having heard enough of his words which were piercing her heart. She always took his words like a strong woman no matter how much they hurt her. She would cry for so many hours thinking about his words but never in front of him. She didn't want to make him angry.

But today she was feeling this strong urge to give him a reply.

"I'm crying because I'm pregnant and my hormones are making me emotional. I'm going for a walk; you can join me if you want but be quiet and let me have some peace!" She replied in an angry voice for the first time and started walking away, not wanting to see anger or hurt on his face for raising her voice against him.

And Dr. Kabir Malik Shah was finally clean bolt.

He smirked at her reply.

We did made some progress, Sunshine. Your pregnancy just made the things interesting. It's your time to shine, sunshine.

He thought and ran a little to catch her up. His reine wants to walk who was he to refuse?

***

Finally she spoke!

But who is this she?

Aren't you guys enjoying this carefree attitude of Kabir?!

Well you should because it's not going to last long (;

We will be seeing dark side of Kabir soon and I will have fun while writing it *evil smirks*

Share your thoughts on the story.

Vote, comment and share !