36. Perfection

Enjoy Reading (:

----------------------------------

"You are really good at this." 

Kabir said when he saw Zara gliding effortlessly.

"Dad taught me this when I was small." She replied with a smile.

He shook his head in understanding and lost his balance but she immediately took his arm and helped him in staying standing steadily.

Her hazel eyes locked with his ocean blue ones for few seconds and she forgot to blink for few seconds.

"Are you alright?" She asked coming out of her thoughts, still holding his arm.

"Never been better." He replied with a smirk and she blushed.

She was about to leave his hand but he shook his head.

"Teach me. I want to improve." He said in a sincere voice.

"You are already good. Just need some practise." She said but they continued to skate with her holding his hand.

"But I want to be the best, perfect." He emphasised.

"And then?" She asked him, paying attention to floor.

"What do you mean by 'and then'?" He asked feeling confused.

"What will you do after being best?" She asked still focussing on her legs as a turn was coming ahead.

"Do we need to do something after being best? It just gives me satisfaction. Don't you like to be perfect?" He questioned her in return.

"But how would I know that I'm the best and when will these races to perfection will end? I should try to be better version of myself everyday rather than thinking of being best. Everyone has their own definition of perfection. I can't fit in all of them, right? I get satisfaction when I know that I'm doing better today than what I did yesterday."

She explained and guided them towards the turning point.

What she didn't know that she wasn't just helping him to turn around but also to turn and see a whole lot of possibilities that existed.

Ones which he never bothered to look, hiding behind the mask of perfection he forgot what it felt like to be satisfied with what he already has.

Finally she looked at him and noticed that he was looking at her intently as if trying to solve some equation.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Those are just my thoughts." She added feeling that he didn't like what she said.

"I know you didn't." He said looking ahead and freed his hand from hers and circled around her, surprising her.

Was this the same man who was struggling to stand just a few minutes ago?

"I was feeling rusty because it's been a long time. Thanks for bringing me back to right track Sunshine."

Kabir said and once again Zara felt as if he meant something else.

Shut up Zara! Stop over thinking. What else he could mean? Her inner voice said and she agreed with it for once.

What else could he have meant?

***

They were now in food court, eating all the fast food that they advised their patients to stay away from.

It was late and Zara knew that he would be hungry, so she suggested that and he agreed.

"Thanks Sunshine. You must be hungry after all the skating." He said while munching his burger and Zara wanted to do nothing but click a picture or stay in this moment forever.