Chapter 25

Just as promised, by the evening, Alec had a plan. We were all seated in the dining hall, waiting for Alpha Thomas to walk inside any minute. He already arrived, but Alec and Rowan went outside to greet him and a couple of his pack members. I heard them speaking outside but decided not to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Elias sat at my right side, his leg brushing up against mine under the table. I tried to hold back the smile that was forming on my lips, but it's hard.

"Do you think he'll be pissed about what happened?" River whispered from across the table, pulling me from my thoughts. Nolan nudged her from the side wearing a grimace.

"If you hadn't slipped up he probably wouldn't be here." He snapped. River looked away guiltily and I glared at Nolan.

"So what if he is here? I'm grown and I made a decision I thought was right for the mission. If he is upset, then okay." I shrugged nonchalantly. "The truth had to come out sooner or later but that is all over, now we know what to do so let's leave the past in the past, shall we?"

Nolan nodded while River smirked giving me a thankful look.

"I think you're absolutely right, Athena. Leave the past in the past," My head snapped in the direction of the unfamiliar voice that I already knew belonged to Thomas. I must admit, he isn't at all what I envisioned. He looked so normal. I know that's strange to think about but being the Director's grandson, I envisioned a dark aura around him with evil eyes and an identical frown to the one Randon always had.

Instead, he had blonde hair that was cut very short, dark brown eyes, and wore a playful smirk on his lips. He portrays himself in a way that makes him look like he hasn't a single care in the world.

I stood from my seat, facing the Alpha, "Thomas," I nodded to him in respect, my team did the same. It was his pack we infiltrated after all and we don't need any more issues with packs.

"It was very impressive that your team was able to waltz right onto my territory without anyone questioning anything at all." He said in amusement, looking around the room until he met eyes with who he was looking for. "The culprit, right?" He asked Vivien, who only turned red under all the eyes that were now on her.

His eyes came back to mine and there was silence for a few seconds before I spoke up, "I won't apologize and I have no regrets other than losing Xavier. I got everything I need." I tell him, he only nodded.

"So, should I not offer the boats that I own then since you have everything you need, or. . ." My eyebrows furrowed while he only smirked at me.

"You own boats?" I asked, surprised at what I was hearing.

"Well...yes. Randon bought them when he created the island, I just thought he wanted to buy them because that is what rich people usually do for no reason at all so I never questioned it. We needed some right?One small one and larger ship to get everyone back home, right?"

"We?"

"Yes, we. All of our species are in danger and I want to help any way I can if that's alright with you of course." He said teasingly, smiling brightly at me while I noticed Rowan rolling her eyes. She glared at him playfully while shaking her head.

"We'll check the boats out later, for now, let's sit and enjoy what may very well be the last delicious meal any of us will have for a while." He said, winking at me swiftly before making his way towards the end of the table where Rowan and Alec sat with their daughters.

We all got settled back in our seats and started eating what was served and talking with one another when I noticed Elias suddenly wasn't acting like himself.