Chapter 20

When I returned to the house, everyone was hanging out in the living room but Neveah and Karina were nowhere to be seen.

"They're in Neveah's room talking," Adrianna told me.

I nodded, deciding to check on them later.

"We know Elias didn't tell you where Vinco is," She continued with worried eyes. "I know you care for him and all but you know what has to be done." She says.

I didn't say anything, in fear of breaking. There is too much on my plate, but this topic specifically makes me feel horrible.

"He came back, right?"

My team nodded.

"He's been locked in his room," Jax said, stepping closer to Adrianna. I sighed, thanking them for the news.

"Other than him, has anything happened? Have you all been doing alright? I know being away from home must be hard." I say, hoping they were all still willing to go through with this mission.

"Everyone is great. We are just waiting for the word to leave and get to Vinco to save the supernatural." Erin stated with pride, everyone else nodded along.

I smiled at them. They are why I'm doing this. Yes, I care for Elias, but we do what we must to get that location even if it means taking his right to privacy away.

"I'm glad to hear that. Xavier will be back in a few days and then we will get what we need." I say with a nod trying not to think much about it.

Everyone soon went back to what they were doing which wasn't much. Just talking and lounging around, while I went upstairs passing Elias's room, but stalling, closing my eyes. On the other side, I heard his heart beating steadily meaning he is asleep. I dreaded talking to him after our fight, but I know I have to eventually. I guess I will tomorrow.

Continuing on my path, I stood in front of Neveah's room, knocking on the door lightly.

"Come in." She said from the other side.

Stepping inside, I made sure to keep my movements slow for Karina's sake. I smiled at her, "Hello again."

Both her and Neveah were on the floor, sitting across from one another. She was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt that hugged her body nicely. She must have borrowed someone's clothes.

"Hi." She said quietly, staying close to Neveah.

"You two seem to get along nicely," I tell them.

Karina nodded, "Um, Neveah has been helping me with my powers a bit."

"Good, I know you need to work on them," I say with a grin. She blushed, looking down. I contemplated asking her about the note, when she wrote it, where she wrote it. I needed to know her past just to possibly get some insight into why she was chosen to write a note. She had to be at Owen's pack when she did it since I doubt RAs would allow her to have any paper or writing utensils.

I glanced at Neveah who shook her head slowly at me, a clear sign she knew what was on my mind and to leave the questions for another day. I sighed, choosing a different course of action instead.

"So, what exactly are your powers?" I got on my knees, sitting near them.

Karina played with her fingers, biting her lip. "It's hard to explain." She said quietly.

"Try me," I smile.

She sighed lightly, looking at Neveah who gave her a look of encouragement. "Well, w-when I touch things, it's like, I can see everything about them. Like, where they have been, things they've seen and felt. Almost like, well like. . ." She trailed off, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I'm very bad at talking. Most of my life I wasn't allowed to talk so, I don't know what word I am looking for."