Chapter 19

After my phone call with Kevin, the rest of the day was lost to me. Rowan, Amaya and I still met up but there was nothing more to figure out that we didn't already know. Time seemed to go by a little too quickly. It was already the next morning and I was getting anxious. I still need to make a decision about Elias but that needed to wait.

I had an alpha I needed to meet so he didn't tell anyone about Vinco.

Staying true to my promise, I kept my earpiece frequency open to my team aside from Elias. I told Alec and Rowan that I had some things to take care of in regards to my home. Alec had no problem with it, Rowan was suspicious, though she kept her mouth shut.

Now, I am trying to find the motel that Alpha Owen told me to meet him at. I did find it extremely suspicious that a motel is where he wants to meet, but at the same time, I know that whatever he needs to talk to me about is something I need to hear. I have my suspicions but I am also expecting something big to happen.

"Athena, I don't have a good feeling about this," Erin spoke into my ear. I smiled at her concern.

"I can handle myself. Don't worry. Now, don't speak when I get in there, any of you. He is a wolf and can hear very well."

None of them spoke again after that, thankfully, because I have arrived.

Room 138 is where I'm headed.

I walked passed all of the doors, reading the numbers in my head, taking in all the emotions from the people who were on the other side. Most were tired, some upset a few were content but once I got to 138, all I received was fear. Fear so great that it overcame my senses and I needed to take a few deep breaths before I even lifted my hand to knock, but there was no need.

The door swung open and the man who stood on the other side was clearly Alpha Owen. He was built like most alphas with a large frame, a tall height, and muscles. He was shirtless, only wearing shorts which led me to believe he was recently in his wolf form. His olive skin now glistened in the sun that invaded his room, giving light to another figure that was crouched down in the corner sniffling and shaking.

"What the-"

"Get in." He pulled me inside, but rather than being afraid, I was surprised.

Once inside, I kept my guard up, pulling myself out of his hold, my eyes moving to the figure that looked to be a girl.

"What is going on here?" I asked, my eyes meeting the alpha's, who looked just as confused as me.

"I know this looks bad, but just hear me out. A few weeks ago, my pack and I were killing off a group of RA's who seemed to be protecting something, that something being her. Her hands and feet were shackled when we got to her. She has been jumpy and crying basically since then and won't let people near her. I believe she is one of you. Other than removing the shackles, no one has been able to touch her. Every time someone tries to ask her questions or talk to her she just repeats a name over and over again. . . your name."

"My name?" I question.

"I didn't know what the hell it meant until Amell called and told me of an aeterian girl named Athena and that it was necessary I be your ally. He said you were the key to saving the supernatural, he said that Vinco is trying to end us all."

I didn't say anything. I already knew that Amell's words about me being necessary were not his own but I didn't mention it.

"I figured if anyone can help this girl, it's you. Leaving my pack wasn't something I wanted to do, so I need to get back but I wanted to make sure you got here and took her in." He looked genuinely concerned for the girl which is something I'm confused about.