Oh No! Not Again!

**** This chapter is based on  Season 5 Episode 8 Unification Part 2 with a "honorable mention"  of Episode 10 New Ground and  Episode 11 Hero Worship****

A few minutes after they reached the cave and Spock left Dezirae in the "safety" of her "special" area within it she started to feel as though something was off and went in search of her friends while calling out their names "Data!?!.... Spock!?!.... Jean-Luc!?!"  she searched the entire cave and when she found them they had a "very special" visitor "that will become clear very shortly"  Sela says as she walks down towards Spock, Picard and Data and two of her soldiers rush over and take Data and Picard's phasers from their sheaths knowing that her friends and the android she loves would not want her in the middle of this Dezirae stays in the shadows "Captain Picard, welcome to Romulus I trust you've enjoyed your visit and this is the android I have come to respect in battle"  Sela says as she comes into view pointing her own weapon at them "Lieutenant Commander Data"  Data "introduces" "how could they know of this location? someone has betrayed us"  Pardek says "yes you did"  Spock replies "Spock.... we've been friends for 80 years"  Pardek says "it is the only logical conclusion you asked me to Romulus, you arranged the meetings with the Proconsul, and you knew that Picard and Data had returned to the surface with new information"  Spock replies "the great Spock very well Senator Pardek, your service to the Romulan people is noted and appreciated"  Sela says Pardek nods in respect to her then says to Spock "Jolan tru, Spock"  then he walks away "do not be distressed your dream of reunification is not dead it will simply take a different form the Romulan conquest of Vulcan bring them"  Data turns and his eyes meet Dezirae's from her hiding spot and he says "stay here"  she nods at him and his body reacts in relief then he follows the others.... Dezirae went in search of those she sensed were indeed hoping for peace between the Romulans and the Vulcans and informed them of what just transpired and they go in search of a new cave to meet in.... a few minutes later Spock, Data and Picard are lead to the new cave where Dezirae sits telling the children what stories she has learned from and of Vulcan from Spock and Sarek she looks up when she hears D'Tan tell Spock, Data and Picard as they walk into the cave "this way Pardek never saw these caves it's safe they won't find us here"  Picard asks as Dezirae walks over to them.... after excusing herself of course.... "what will you do now?"  a Romulan woman replies "what we have always done --continue to teach and thanks to Spock and your friend Dezirae we have plenty of stories to help us along in that right pass on the ideals to a new generation work for the day when new thoughts may be spoken aloud"  Picard says as Data takes Dezirae's hand in his own "the Federation will welcome that day"  Data informs "Captain, we will need to reach our transport site in 14 minutes"  Picard tells those around them "I wish you well"  the group thanks them as they walk away.... "Captain, I will not be coming with you"  Spock says when they reach an empty part of the cave "Ambassador...."  Picard starts "the reason for my coming here has never been more clear the union of Vulcan and the Romulan people will not be achieved by politics or by diplomacy, but it will be achieved the answer has been here before us all along an inexorable evolution toward a Vulcan philosophy has already begun like the first Vulcans, these people are struggling to a new enlightenment it may take decades, even centuries for them to reach it, but they will reach it and I must help"  Spock says interrupting him "I have learned it is useless to argue with you once your mind is set"  Picard replies "not at all, Captain I have found our arguments quite useful-- almost as useful as those I had with my father"  Spock replies "would it surprise you to learn that he found them equally valuable?"  Picard asks "ironically.... you may know Sarek better than his own son does my father and I never chose to meld"  Spock replies "I offer you the chance to touch what he shared with me"  Picard says Spock and Picard share a mind meld.... "he may not have always agreed with you but your father would be proud of you as he always was"  Dezirae tells Spock a few minutes later after he had asked for some time alone alone with her "a android!?!"  Spock asks curiously "I know he can't "feel" the emotion but the way he expresses it...."  Dezirae says softly she pauses then teases "what if I told you I like to imagine he's you!?!"  Spock lets out a short soft chuckle and allows as small smile to appear on his face as he jokes back "then I'd say that I approve!"  she chuckles then she gives him the Vulcan salute and says "till we meet again my friend"  he replies "if you allow.... I think I would rather give a more "human" goodbye"  she says with a smirk "of course.... you should be grateful he can't feel jealousy"  then she hugs him and feels him chuckle as her arms wrap themselves around his body and his eyes meet Data who was "standing guard" a few feet away seeing the sparkle in the Vulcan's eyes that Dezirae had "trained" him to notice Data knew Dezirae was joking when she spoke of pretending that he was someone else and he found it odd that her words still seem to hurt him slightly he also knew she was joking when she spoke of him not feeling jealousy and that one did not hurt as much....