Holodeck Fun/ The Jokes On You

****the end of this Chapter is based off of  Star Trek Season 2 Episode 4****

A few hours later Data finds Dezirae in the holodeck with Worf they were training together.... Worf seemed quite surprised but also happy at how well she handled herself.... every few minutes he would have the holodeck make the opponents harder.... Data rushed in to protect her yelling her name with a worried tone "Dezirae!!"  and she ended up protecting him moving her body in front of him and blocking the attack he looks at her in surprise as Worf says "computer save and end program"  the hologram disappears and all that is left now is a black room with yellow lines all around crossing one another making squares all over the walls, floors and ceiling Dezirae looks at Data smiling warmly then at Worf "shall we continue another time Lieutenant!?"  she asks Worf smiles they bow before one another "I would most enjoy that"  he replies then he leaves still smiling she turns back to Data and says "it was my fault Data.... I wanted to get to know everyone.... I should have realized that with him being Klingon I would...."  she chuckles softly then says with a smile "thank you Data.... but what you did was foolish"  she subconsciously touches his cheek softly as she says this then as though realizing what she did she drops her hand back to her side he stares into her eyes as she sighs then she looks into his eyes and says "walk me to my quarters Lieutenant Commander!?"  he nods with a smile looping his arm through hers and they begin walking.... the next day she was in the holodeck with Geordi he was showing her what Data usually did while in it himself.... Victorian style Sherlock Holmes.... after introducing her to the place he had to get back to work and left with a wave....

When Data walks in himself at first he thought she was just a part of the hologram till Dezirae turns around his eyes widen in surprise then he walks in with a smile and loops his arm through hers taking her to Sherlock's home at 221B Bakers Stree...

When Data walks in himself at first he thought she was just a part of the hologram till Dezirae turns around his eyes widen in surprise then he walks in with a smile and loops his arm through hers taking her to Sherlock's home at 221B Bakers Street when they reach the flat she looked around in awe of the place just as she did when she and Geordi entered in the city.... with every new place she entered inside the holodeck.... "I wasn't sure if this was right"   she says as she waves her hands down at the dress she was wearing "I.... feel.... so out of place in this.... I don't usually wear dresses"  she adds Data looks at her with a smile she chuckles softly "I don't even know what to call you in here"  she says he opens his mouth to speak but she takes a step towards him and continues "I.... I like you Data.... probably more than I should.... but with who I am.... I want to make sure these feelings I have are truly mine.... and not.... it's hard to explain.... there is also the matter of how long we've known each other...."  she pauses unsure if she should continue "I'm rambling again aren't I!?.... sorry"  she walks away from him and looks out the window of the flat Data walks up behind her and though he says nothing he places each of his hands on each of her arms and they watch London pass them by in silence together "you look exquisitely beautiful"  Data whispers into her ear breaking the silence and she smiles leaning back into his body then she turns around and looks up at him and says with a smile "I have yet to read these stories.... show me your brilliance Sherlock Holmes!"  Data smiles down at her and the case begins Dezirae watches Data as he solves each case normally he would rush through them but he didn't want her to leave so he took his time walking the streets of London with his arm looped through hers he was happy that she seemed to be enjoying herself he knew that he was.... immensely....

Guinan came to Dezirae worried about Data who wanted to learn how to be funny.... Dezirae heads to the holodeck where Data is chatting with a program comic who was imitating Jerry Lewis.... at first she stood leaning against the door frame unnoticed watching as he floundered around and says in a weird voice "haaaa! ooh! I'd be short for a moment of I could just say I...."  he walks into the mic stand saying "oh! ooh.... Mr. Robot would you like to come try...."  Data corrects him by saying "I am an Android"  the comic says as he walks off the stage towards him "oh I'm terribly sorry Mr. Android here here teeth put 'em in your mouth come up Mister where did he go?"  the comic turns and notices Dezirae at the door he raises an eyebrow but says nothing as he continues "where where did... Mr.... what Mr. An....?"  he says as he walks back up the stage and Data walks off it and turns back around the comic brings him back up to the stage saying "here try if you would.... you do "haaaa".."  Data copies him in his normal deep tones his mouth open wide and his arms bent out in front of him "haaaa"  the comic says "no say "ha-hiyee".."  Data once again copies him this time in a weird voice "he-hiyee"  the comic says "ahh"  while pointing at Data and Data copies his word once more they continue like this for a few more weird words....

After awhile Data asks the comic in a weird voice "that is considered....?"  he takes out the teeth and tries again "that is considered to be funny?"  the comic answers "actually it brought the house down at Teanek...."  Data replies "ah a word that ends in "k"....so if you put funny teeth in your mouth and jump around like an idiot that is considered funny?"  the comic points to Dezirae and says "why don't we ask her!?"  Data turns and sees Dezirae walk in and he stares at her in wonder as she picks up the mic stand and stands it up straight she smiles up at him "making friends without me I see!"  she teases with a smile then shakes her head as she says "you are too cute!"  if he could blush I bet that's what he'd be doing he walks down to her and says "I am not trying to be cute.... I am trying to be funny"  she tilts her head at him and says softly "I know.... but Data.... you try too hard!.... everyone is different.... and find different things funny.... the best jokes come out naturally.... many times without you realizing you made one.... words, phrases, movements, motions.... if you try too hard.... it doesn't present itself right"  the comic looks at her and says "that's one smart gal you got there!"  she turns to the comic and smiles at him Data notices that her smile seems unnatural it doesn't have the same lovely bright happiness that it has for everyone else her eyes don't even sparkle like they normally do and he tilts his head curiously at her.... the next time he went to see the comic it was just him and Guinan he came to Dezirae's quarters afterwards feeling dejected he walks right in for that is how she had the doors programmed.... for her few select friends anyway the ones she trusted.... "I failed"  Data tells her and she hugs him he wraps his arms around her lower back holding her close "we all fail at times Data.... that doesn't mean you should give up"  she says then she looks up at him and he down at her "why don't we sit down?!"  she asks "I would like to stay like this if we may"  he replies she smiles then places her ear against the center of his chest he smiles and places his chin on top of her head they stand like that till he is called back to the bridge and he leaves without another word