I See What You Did There

**** this chapter is based on  Season 3 Episode 26, Season 4 Episode 1 The Best of Both Worlds****

Riker gently helps Dezirae stand then moves her shaking form to his chair.... he is acting captain since Picard is "gone" so he's sitting in Picard's chair.... then sits her down he looks at Deanna who followed them over and says "watch over her I have to speak with the Admiral"  Deanna nods then sits down in her chair and keeps a keen eye on their friend while a worried looking Riker walks into Picard's Ready Room "I gave him one more thing to be worried about didn't I!?!"  Dezirae asks in a tired voice "he's used to it!"  Deanna teases Dezirae chuckles softly then says "I should have realized Data would have gone with the away team.... if I was thinking I would have just gone to our quarters"  Deanna looks at her sadly then recalls the day Dezirae appeared on the ship when she felt pain until Data was right next to her and she begins to realize that it happened everytime Dezirae was around Data and vise versa it was like they were each others shelter as well as protector and everything that seemed to go horribly wrong when they weren't together was better when they were Dezirae's body slumps slightly and she falls asleep Troi smiles softly at the sight and Riker walks out of the Ready Room and jokes with a smile when he sees her "I hope she doesn't drool!"  Deanna chuckles with a smile.... a few minutes later Dezirae wakes up and slides her hand over the side of her face and mumbles sleepily "the side of my face feels numb"  Riker looks at her and asks "you didn't drool did you!?!"  those around them chuckle as she smiles at him then jolts as though she just got shocked (when Worf hits Picard's shield) a few seconds later the Away Team walks onto the bridge and they are all shocked to see Dezirae sitting in the second in command's chair "the Captain?"  Riker asks bringing the attention to him Data who was staring at Dezirae with a worried expression in his eyes turns his attention back to him and says "we were unable to retrieve him, sir sir, the Captain has been altered by the Borg"  Riker looks down at Dezirae and mutters "yeah we figured!"  Shelby looks at him oddly and Data looks worried "we'll go back I need more people we need to retune the phasers again we'll get him out of there"  Shelby says with a determined tone "Commander, reading subspace field fluctuations from within the Borg ship looks like they're.... regenerating-- restoring power they could be capable of warp any minute"  Geordi says from his station on the Bridge "is the deflector ready?"  Riker asks "it's ready"  Geordi replies "Will, he's alive if we could get him back to the ship, I might be able to restore...."  Beverly says "this is our only chance to destroy them if they get back into warp, our weapon is useless"  Will replies "I'm more curious as to why they took him in the first place"  they hear Dezirae say as she walks up to where they stand and stands by Data who cups her arms in his hands as though to steady her "we'll sabotage them again if we have to"  Shelby says ignoring her "we can't maintain power we don't have the time prepare to fire"  Riker replies "at least consult with Starfleet Command get Admiral Hanson on subspace"  Shelby says "is that what you do!?!.... consult!?!... from what I have seen since you arrived on this ship is you trying your best to take over showing everyone how much you don't belong or just don't care!.... what precisely are you trying to do!?! skip past becoming a Captain and go straight for the Admiral chair cause from what I've seen of many of the higher ups in Starfleet they are just as selfishly ignorant as you are! stop acting like an insufferable bitch and learn to follow orders instead of making them!"  Dezirae says with a harsh bite in her tone Riker looks at her in shock for he has never heard her swear before then says to Worf "belay that order, Lieutenant there's no time"  the console in front of Worf chimes and he says as he looks down at it then over at Riker "sir, we are being hailed by the Borg"  Riker replies "on screen"  he walks down to the Captain's chair and Shelby follows him "I'm going to be put in the Brig for insubordination aren't I!?!"  Dezirae teasingly mutters Beverly, Geordi and Worf chuckle their laughter is short lived as Picard along with a few other Borg are seen on the view screen "well that explains the numbness!"  Dezirae mutters sliding her hand over the side of her face Data looks at her with curious concern "you better get to your station Data.... I'll be fine.... I'll help Worf or Geordi and go back to playing the "good little officer".."  Dezirae says softly Data nods then walks away from her as they hear Picard say "I am Locutus of Borg resistance is futile your life as it has been is over from this time forward, you will service us"  and Riker orders "Mister Worf.... fire"....