You Will Always Be Her Hero

**** This Chapter is based off of  Season 2 episode 12 The Royale  (the first paragraph) &  episode 15 Pen Pal ****

"Status, Number One"  Picard says into the com "rather a nice run of luck, Captain"  Riker replies "don't get out of character, Commander"  Picard says "sir?"  Riker asks slightly confused "the foreign investors in the book are described as flamboyantly generous"  Picard replies "yes, sir I understand"  Riker says with a smile as the clerk walks over with a new box of chips seeing that they had gathered a crowd and starting to feel a little smushed Dezirae walks away from the table Data was having so much fun winning he didn't even notice that she had left but Worf did and he followed her making sure that she stayed safe "I wish there were windows in this place at least I would have something to look at besides all this.... emptiness.... it almost reminds me of the holodeck though I usually don't spend THIS much time in there either"  Dezirae says to Worf softly once they find a area that had less people in it "it was odd.... I don't think I'm noticed here.... unless Data did something to make me stand out.... like putting the hat on my head or having me blow on the dice.... I could feel them try to push through me as though I was just a part of the air that surrounded Will and Data...."  she adds she sits and he stands in silence for awhile until Data.... who had only just started to notice that Dezirae wasn't near him any longer.... and Riker walk over to where they were sitting and they all walk towards the revolving/spinning door and finally walk out of it "Enterprise, this is the away team we're clear of the structure four to beam up"  Riker says into his com once they were back inside the complete darkness of the other side of the door "time to come home now, Number One"  they hear Picard reply then they get transported back to the ship Data escorts Dezirae back to her room and made sure she rested then left to go fulfill his duties on the Bridge....

A month or so later Data walks into the holodeck and sees Dezirae riding a Chestnut colored Arabian Stallion with Picard "he looks worried"  Picard hears Dezirae say softly with a slightly concerned tone as they ride he looks at her oddly then tur...

A month or so later Data walks into the holodeck and sees Dezirae riding a Chestnut colored Arabian Stallion with Picard "he looks worried"  Picard hears Dezirae say softly with a slightly concerned tone as they ride he looks at her oddly then turns his head in the direction she was looking and sees Data standing a few paces away watching them with a slight small smile on his face and they ride over to where he waits "Data"  Picard says when they reach him "an excellent steed, sir sorry to disturb you, Captain"  Data says petting the horses heads gently as he looks up at Dezirae who smiles softly at him "it's quite all right it must be important, or you wouldn't be here"  Picard replies "yes, sir, it is important very eight weeks ago I received a transmission, a simple four word message, 'Is anybody out there?' I answered it"  Data says Picard slides off his horse hooks it to the post and says "there is a loneliness inherent in that whisper from the darkness"  Data replies "yes, sir I am glad that you understand, sir"  Picard says as the three of them begin to walk out of the holodeck "but it didn't end there"  Data replies "no, sir we speak often it is a young female, humanoid"  Picard asks as he helps Desiree down off her horse like the gentleman he is "her society is aware that there is interstellar life?"  Data replies "no, sir"  they stop walking and Picard asks "oops just where does she think you're calling from?"  Data replies "I have kept that somewhat vague, sir, but Sarjenka -- that is her name, has been quite specific, telling me details of her family and friends and interspersed among these confidences have been some alarming references"  Picard says "go on"  Data replies "Drema Four has been enduring the same geological stresses we have found in the other systems"   Picard says "then your friend is in trouble"  Data replies "yes sir"  Picard asks "what are you proposing?"  Data replies "if we can determine the cause of these geological disturbances, we might be able to reverse the process"  Picard asks "violate the Prime Directive?"  Data replies "I was hoping that you might have another option, sir"  Picard orders "we don't even know if this catastrophe is preventable call a conference in my quarters all senior staff"  Data says "yes, sir"  Picard says as Data starts to walk the rest of the way out of the holodeck "and Data, all communication with this life form must cease"  Data stops walking turns around and replies "yes, sir I understand, sir"  then he continues on his way out of the holodeck "did you know about this!?"  Picard asks Dezirae "no.... I doubt they talked about me anyway"  she replies he chuckles "though if you think about it helping this girl and her home planet might help us figure out how to help the others"  she adds he looks at her thoughtfully....