Chapter 21

Rachel's P.O.V
"This is gospels for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber," blares through my phone. I groan sitting up and turning it off. I quickly swing my feet over the edge of the bed and stand up. I stretch before grabbing my grey cardigan along with a white cami and black jeggings. I walking into the hallway bathroom and take a quick shower before sliding on my clothes and brushing my teeth. I decide to only wear mascara and to let my hair dry naturally. I stroll back to my room and wrap a cream infinity scarf around my neck before going to check on the twins. I find them both sitting up in their cribs looking around the dimly lit room. I pick up Connor first and change him before proceeding to do the same with Annalise. I carry them both down the steps and seat them in their high chairs. I fix myself a bowl of frosted flakes before setting a handful of Cheerios on their trays along with their morning bottles. Once I finish eating, I put my bowl in the dish washer and begin cleaning up the twins.
"Good morning," my mom smiles walking into the room still in her pajamas and robe.
"Good morning," I respond while washing out the twins bottles.
"Here let me finish that while you go gather all of your things together," she says.
"Thanks," I smile before sprinting up the stairs. I grab my grey suede boots sliding them on before grabbing my daisy book bag and running back downstairs. I glance at the clock to find that I only have two minutes until my bus arrives.
"Love you, mom. Thanks for watching the twins," I yell running out the door.
"Love you, too" she responds. Just as I round the corner, the larger yellow vehicle pulls up and swings open the door. I step on and walk down the aisle until I spot an empty seat next to Kaylie.
"Hey, girl," she smiles as I sit down.
"Hey," I respond not as cheerfully.
"What's wrong?" She pouts leaning on my shoulder.
"It's just I'm going to really miss the twins," I say looking down.
"Aw, it's okay. You'll see them straight after school, and plus, they're in great care with your mom," she reminds me.
"You're right," I sigh relaxing a little. We talk about random things until we finally pull up to the school. Everyone stands up and files out of the bus. Once I walk inside, I feel someone hug me from behind. I smile as I realize it's Hayes.
"Hey, babe," he says turning me to face him.
"Hello," I smile looking up at him.
"You look beautiful as always," he compliments.
"Thanks," I blush lightly looking down.
"Okay, well, I hate to ruin this moment, but we need to get your information," Kaylie explains.
"It's fine. See you later," Hayes smiles hugging me before returning to his group of friends. We walk down the busy hallway until we reach what appears to be the office. We walk in and a lady who looked to be in her mid fifties looks at us with a scowl.
"What do you want?" she asks readjusting her glasses.
"Well, I'm new here and I need all of my information," I explain attempting to be kind.
She digs through the messy filing cabinet before pulling out two sheets of paper and handing them to me.
"Here, now if you don't need anything else, bye," she says turning back towards the computer on her desk.
"Well, isn't she such a joy," I say sarcastically once were out of the room.
"Yeah, she obviously loves her job," Kaylie says causing us both to laugh. Suddenly, a guy with messy brown hair and mesmerizing green eyes runs up to me and picks me twirling me around.
"Rachel, I'm so excited you're back," he exclaims putting me back down.
"Um, who are you?" I ask confused.
"What? You don't remember me?" he asks a frown forming on his face.
"Remember, the accident," Kaylie whispers in his ear.
"Oh, yeah sorry. I'm Liam," he smiles again.
"I'm Rachel, but you obviously already know that," I say scratching the back of my neck.
"Yeah. So, what's your schedule?" he asks taking the slip of paper out of my hand. After his eyes scan the paper, he smiles saying,"we have all of our classes together except for science."
"What period do you have science?" Kaylie asks.
"Um," I say looking over Liam's shoulder,"first."
"Me too," Kaylie says high fiving me.
"Well, we have to go. Bye," Kaylie yells pulling me down the hallway.
"Bye," Liam yells after us. Once we reach my locker, I put in my combination and get my books before going to science. When we arrive, Kaylie and I sit in the back corner and begin talking. While we are talking, I notice a group of girls in the corner but one in particular kept glancing at me.
"Who are they?" I ask drawing Kaylie's attention to them.
"Oh, them. They're basically the plastics of this school. They think people adore them when really they're terrified of them. They have no regards for anyone but themselves. Stay away from them at all costs," she explains with a stern look on her face.
"Who's that," I ask pointing to the one who is still looking at me every now and then.
"That's the main bitch, Chloe Dawns. Don't let her cute, frilly appearance fool you. She's the most heartless selfish person I know. If anyone disobeys her, there's hell to pay," she explains.
"Why does she keep looking at me?" I question.
"It's probably because you're dating the Hayes Grier. You're pretty famous around here," she says shrugging her shoulders. Before I could respond, the teacher, Mr. Garber, walks into the room and instructs us to take a seat. I look straight forward until I feel someone sit beside me. I turn to find Chloe smiling at me.
"Hi, I'm Chloe," she greets.
"Hi, I'm-," I begin but I'm interrupted.
"I know who you are. Anyone who's anyone does," she explains.
"Okay," I respond unsure of what to say.
"You and Hayes had twins. Right?" she asks.
"Um, yeah," I say awkwardly.
"Aw, I bet they're adorable. They're so lucky to have parents as fabulous as you guys," she smiles.
"Girls in the back, be quiet," Mr. Garber yells from the front of the room.
"Okay," Chloe sighs before turning towards me and whispering," he's a total douche canoe."
"I noticed that," I whisper back and we both giggle. I surprisingly survive the next four hours, and it's finally time for lunch. I go to my locker and grab my lunch box before continuing to the cafeteria. When I walk in, I quickly spot Serena, Kaylie, Rosie, and Liam at a table along the wall and begin towards them when Chloe steps in front of me.
"I was wondering if you would like to eat with me and my friends," she smiles.
"Sorry, but I was planning on sitting with them," I explain gesturing towards the table.
"I was just hoping that we could get to know each other a little better," she says looking down frowning.
"I guess one day won't hurt," I say.
"Yay," she exclaims pulling me over to her table. I mouth a quick sorry to Kaylie before sitting down.
<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>• Sorry I haven't been diligent on updating, but I've started school and I'm also playing basket ball so it's hard to find time. Luckily, we have a 1 1/2 bus drive on Friday so I'll try to write then.
90 votes and 20 comments for a new chapter. <>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•