Chapter 20

Rachel's P.O.V
Tonight, Hayes is taking me to his friend's New Years Eve party. I slip on my navy blue sequin dress that fell about mid thigh and has a sweet heart neck line before curling my hair lightly at the tips and adding smokey eye. I clip the silver R necklace that Hayes gave me for Christmas on my neck and position my hair in place before stepping out of the bathroom to find Hayes sitting on the bed with his phone.
"Wow! You look amazing," he exclaims looking up from his phone.
"Thanks," I blush. "You don't look to bad yourself," i comment admiring his white button up shirt that is tucked into his black dress pants. He honestly looked stunning.
"So, are you ready?" He asks.
"Yeah, just give me one second," I say before sliding on my black trench coat and and stepping into my navy blue velvet pumps. "Now, I am," I smile taking his hand. My parents volunteered to watch the twins while we were at the party and had picked them up earlier.
"Here you go," Hayes says opening the door to the cab allowing me to slide in first with him following behind.
"Tonight's going to be amazing," Hayes smiles kissing me on the cheek.
"I hope so," I grin back. The car finally stops outside a huge house, and we file out of the car and up the stairs leading to the front door. Once inside, we spy all the guys along with Kaylie, Serena, and some other girl who is holding hands with Aaron.
"Hey, guys," I smile walking over to them.
"Hey," they all respond.
"So, who's this?" I smile at the Aaron and the girl.
"This is my girlfriend, Rosie," he smiles blushing slightly. Rosie has beautiful long light brown hair with an occasional blonde streak and dazzling blue green eyes.
"Aw, little Aaron finally has a girlfriend," I giggle pinching his cheeks.
"Be quiet," he snaps trying not to giggle. All of us talk for a while until everyone except Hayes and me go onto the dance floor. We just sit and talk while sipping our champagne. Suddenly Hayes excuses himself to use the bathroom leaving me alone on the couch. I look around to see this guy who looks around 18 staring at me intently. I shift in my seat uncomfortably as he begins to walk over to me.
"Hey, beautiful," he smirks placing his hand on my thigh.
"Get away from me," I stutter pushing his hand of me and standing up.
"What fun would that be?" He asks stepping closer to me so that our bodies were touching.
"Fuck off," I shout pushing him back before attempting to run away but quickly fall due to my heels causing a pain to shoot through my right ankle.
"You're going to regret doing that," he growls picking me up and throwing me against the wall before kissing me sloppily. I frantically thrash around while trying to find Hayes who was nowhere in sight. No one can hear wails for help over the music and the ones who were standing near didn't seem to care. He slowly reaches behind me and begins to unzip my dress when he is pulled off of me. I fall to the floor in a ball of tears until someone comes over to me.
"Sh, it's alright. I'm here now, baby, and I will never let something like that ever happen to you again," Hayes coos holding as I cry into his chest. I look over to see the man lying on the floor unconscious with a bloody face. "Let's get out of here," he says picking me up bridal style.
"What happened," Nash asks sprinting over to us with the rest following behind him.
"Well, I went to the bathroom, and when I came back this douche bag was making out with Rachel and trying to undress her," he explains making me cry harder.
"I'm so sorry," Kaylie rushes over to comfort me.
"Well we're going to leave now," Hayes says beginning to carry me out the door.
"Here I'll drive you," Nash volunteers.
"Thanks," Hayes replies carrying me to Nash's car and lays me carefully in the backseat before beginning to get in the passenger seat.
"Wait," I mumble causing him to look at me. "Will you ride back here with me?" I ask not wanting to leave his touch.
"Of course," he smiles getting in beside me.
After cuddling all the way home, my sobs have finally stopped mostly. I start to get out of the car when I begin to fall because of my swollen ankle. Luckily, Hayes catches me just in time and picks me up again.
"Thanks," I mumble.
"No problem. Anything for you," he smiles walking up the stairs and laying me on his bed before walking out of the room. I stare at the ceiling and reminisce on tonight's event until he returns. He pulls out a pair of his sweatpants and one of his hoodies and hands them to me before picking me up off of the bed.
"I ran a warm bath for you. If you need help, I'll be right outside the door," he explains kissing the top of my head. I unzip my dress before limping to the bathtub. I let out a satisfied sigh as the warm water hits my delicate skin. As I begin to wash my body, I discover the bruises he left on my wrists from when he grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall. I sigh as I continue to wash my body and hair. When I step out of the bath, I forget about my ankle and accidentally slip causing a thud.
"Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" Hayes asks bursting through the door. I quickly a towel to cover myself.
"Yeah, I'm fine. My ankle just really hurts," I explain.
"Okay, let's get you dressed, and we can wrap it," he says handing me the clothes he picked out earlier.
"Can you close your eyes?" I ask.
"I've seen you naked before. I mean we have two kids together," he says.
"I know, but can you please just close your eyes," I beg.
"Fine. If it means that much to you, I will," he says closing his eyes. I quickly put on the hoodie but struggle putting on the pants.
"Um, Hayes," I say.
"What's wrongs?" He responds with his eyes still closed.
"I can't get my pants on," I sigh.
"Here let me help," he says helping me onto my feet and supporting me while I slide the sweatpants on.
"Thanks," I smile kissing him on the lips.
"No problem. Now let's get this wrapped up," he says referring to my ankle. He gets a roll of elastic bandages out of the medicine cabinet and begins to wrap my foot and ankle until it's stiff.
"Thanks," I sigh standing up with his help and limping into his room.
"What would you like to watch?" He asks sitting down on the bed next to me and turning on Netflix.
"American Horror Story," I respond. He quickly clicks on it before cuddling with me.
"Evan Peters is so hot," I smile sleepily.
"But not as hot I am. Right?" He asks.
"I don't know. He's really hot," I smirk.
"You know I'm hotter though," he responds.
"Yeah, of course. You're the hottest guy I know," I smile burying my head deeper into his chest.
"I love you," he smiles looking down on me.
"I love you too," I smile back before he leans down and begins to kiss me. When we pull apart, the clock chimes twelve.
"Happy New Year," I say.
"Happy New Year," he responds before kissing me again.
<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>• Happy almost New Years! 🎉
90 votes and 20 comments for a new chapter. <>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•