Chapter 6

Rachel's P.O.V
I wake up to the sound of my phone going off on my night stand. I reach over and answer it before mumbling a hello.
"Dude, what happened between you and Hayes?" Kaylie asks.
"What how do know something?" I question sitting up in my bed and running my hand through my tangled hair.
"It's all over twitter," she states as though it were obvious.
"I've got to go. I'll call you back later," I state.
"But-" she starts but I cut her off by hanging up and opening twitter.
"Oh my gosh," I mumble to myself as I scroll through my feed seeing everyone talking about Hayes and my relationship. I quickly click on Hayes's profile to find he tweeted:
@Hayesgrier: I just lost the 3 most important people in my life.
I quickly tap on the picture below and a picture of the twins and when we first got home from the first day we got home from the hospital. I bit my lip to hold back the tears. It's true I miss him, but I'm not going to forgive him that easily. Suddenly, the twins begin crying, drawing me back to reality. I follow the sound of the crying until I'm outdide the guest bedroom. I slowly open the door to see them both in my old crib wailing. I jog over picking them up bobbing them up and down until they calm down. I quickly change their diapers, bathe them, and dress them both in their little onesies. I carry them downstairs and heat up their bottles. While they were heating up, my phone begins to ring. I set both of the babies in their swings before answering.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Rachel," Hayes's voice rings through the phone as I mentally groan.
"What do you want," I sigh not wanting to bother with him.
"Please, just hear me out," he starts," I made a huge mistake, and I'm so sorry. I was stupid and arrogant, but I don't love Brittany. I love you. I need you to forgive me. You're the only person I've ever and will love like that. Please, say you forgive me. I need you. I need the twins."
"I-I'm sorry," I stutter," but I can't you really hurt me, Hayes."
"I know, but I miss you," he desperately begs.
"I really have to go," I state as the microwave beeps signaling the bottles are done.
"Okay, but just remember I love you," he says.
"Bye, Hayes," I state before hanging up and walking over to retrieve the milk. After testing it, I begin to feed Annalise.
"Rachel?" I hear a voice say behind me.
I turn my head slightly to see my sister, Lilly, standing there.
"Hey," I smile slightly.
"Hey, I thought you and mom were fighting," she says waking over picking up Connor and his bottle before taking the seat next to me.
"We were, but I walked in on Hayes making out with Brittany. I didn't know where else to go except here," I sniffle wiping a tear that was trickling down my cheek.
"I'm so sorry," she says pulling me into her side.
"It's not your fault," I state as Annalise finishes her bottle.
"I know. If there's anything I can do please let me know," she says giving me a sympathetic smile.
"I will thanks for being there for me," I smile slightly.
"No problem," she says burping Connor before handing him back to me,"sorry, but I really need to get to school," she apologizes before picking up her keys and waving before she leaves. I sigh before carrying Annalise and Connor into the living room. I set them both down the couch far enough away from the edge so they won't fall off and dial Kaylie's number.
"Thank god you called back," she answers,"what happened? Do I need to cut off his balls?"
"No," giggle a little," it's fine. He kind of cheated on me," I whisper the last part.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, boo. Do you want me to come over," she asks.
"No it's fine," I sigh not wanting to waste her time.
"All well, I'm coming over anyway. See you in about 20 minutes," she states before hanging up not giving me the chance to argue. Just as I hang up the phone, the doorbell goes off. I pick up the twins and walk over to the door. I struggle to open the door while holding both twins, but when it finally opens, Aaron's standing there.
"Hey," he begins looking down at the ground awkwardly.
"I'm, hey. Why are you he," I question a bit surprised.
"I came to talk to you about Hayes," he states. I step aside allowing him to come in and motion to the living room where we both take a seat after I put the twins in their swings.
"Hayes really misses you," he starts,"he refuses to talk to anyone or eat anything."
"Well, that's too bad," I say with a straight face tired of giving him chances.
"He's really sorry," he states forcing me to look him in the eyes.
"If he's so sorry, why didn't he come and apologize him," I retaliate standing to my feet,"I think you should go."
"Please, just listen," he says grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer so I can feel his warm breath hitting my face when all of a sudden I feel his soft lips touch mine, but instead of pulling apart I lean in closer as our lips move in sync. The doorbell rings again making us pull apart staring into each others eyes surprised. I quickly walk to the door Aaron following behind.
"Hey," I fake smile as I see Serena, Kaylie, and Amarea all standing there with their bags in their hands.
"Hey. I've decided that we should all have a sleep over so here we are," she smiles," Oh, what's he doing here," she asks motioning towards Aaron before wiggling her eyebrows towards me.
"Nothing. He was just about to leave," I roll my eyes nudging him towards the door.
"Bye," he smiles and waves awkwardly.
"Bye," I wave shutting the door behind him.
<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>• Yay! I'm not dead! I've been really busy doing nothing and haven't been able to update. So, I'm sorry. I'll try and be more frequent, but I don't really feel inspired to write this anymore. But I will because for some odd reason you guys like it, and I love you guys so I will continue.
I'm also going to start writing preferences on tumblr @lilacniall2000. <>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•