Chapter 24

Rachel's P.O.V
"I'm gay," Liam says twiddling his thumbs.
"Okay," I respond not seeing why it would matter.
"So, you're fine with it?" He asks eagerly.
"Of course," I smile at him.
"Thank you so much," he grins for a moment before continuing,"I wish my parents would react the same way."
"I'm sure they w-," I begin before he cuts me off.
"You clearly do not know my parents," he sighs. I only remember meeting them for a brief second while I was hanging out at Liam's, and they seemed like nice enough people to me. "My parents are very religious," he continues,"and when ever I try to bring up the topic of gay marriage or anything like that they always babble on about how it's wrong, unnatural and how the parents must be so disappointed in them." By this time, he his eyes were starting to water slightly.
"I'm sure they'll be fine," I say standing up and taking the seat next to him allowing him to lay his head in the crook of my neck.
"Will you be there when I tell them?" he asks pulling away.
"I wouldn't plan on doing anything else," I smile at him.
"You're such an amazing friend," he says pulling me into a warm hug. We pull apart when his phone buzzes indicating he received a text message. "Sorry, I have to go. Some family friends are coming to stay with us for the weekend, and I have to help prepare," he sighs.
"It's fine. I'll talk to you later," I respond making sure both of the twins are strapped in correctly.
"Wait," I hear him say coming back to the table. "Promise you won't tell?" He says earnestly.
"I promise," I say before we say our goodbyes again. I looked at my phone to find it was only 1:15 so I decide to take the twins to the park. I consider inviting Hayes before remembering what he said this morning and text Chloe instead. Once we get to the park, I unbuckle the twins and check my phone to see one new message from Chloe asking if any of the guys are there. As soon as I send no, she responds with her classic sorry, I'm busy. She's been doing this a lot lately. The only time we hang out is if any of the guys are around. Ignoring the fact, I turn my attention back to Annalise and Connor. After about an hour of helping them on the play structure, we decide to get snow cones before walking home. As we sit at the picnic table eating the snow cones, I go on Twitter to find all these tweets talking about how I'm a cheater and how I don't deserve Hayes with a link below. I quickly click the link to find pictures of me and Liam talking and hugging at Starbucks with the caption 'Who's this mystery guy @Rachel_cole1 is with. I always knew she was a cheating slut.'
"Crap," I mutter before looking up to find Connor and Annalise with the red dye from their snow cones all over their faces and bibs. I quickly grab a wet wipe out of my bag and clean their hands and faces before putting their bibs into the bag and begin walking home. When we arrive home, my phone begins to ring. I take it out of my pocket and look at the caller ID saying Hayes.
<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>• So the majority of you wanted me to continue but for the ones of you who didn't don't worry. I plan on wrapping up this plot quickly then start to write imagines.