Beach Vacation

This is typed on my computer, so things will most likely be a lot of misspellings. Also I realized that when the twins would start pre-school, Rachel would be a senior, and Hayes would have graduated. This is basically the chapter before they get engaged.
^Connor and Annalise at the top^

Ages: Hayes, 21; Rachel, 20; twins, 6

Rachel's P.O.V

In less than a month and a half, the twins will start first grade. So to celebrate, Hayes and I, along with Hayes's family, have decided the take a family vacation to the beach. We've been in the car for the last two hour, and the twins are becoming restless.

"Stop, pushing me!" Annalise screeched from the backseat. I turn around just in time to see Connor pull his arm back from shoving her. 

"Connor, be nice," I state pointing my finger at him before turning back around.

"But I'm bored," he complains dragging out the words for effect.

"Well, take a nap," Hayes suggests, eyes still on the road.

"But I'm not tired," Connor retorts crossing his short arms over his chest.

"Then do something else, but quit annoying Annalise," I insist.

"Quit annoying all of us," Hayes mutters causing me to slap his arm lightly."Hey, no hitting the driver," he exclaims in a whiny voice.

"No being rude to Connor," I sassily respond.

"I'm still bored," Connor groans flinging his arms around in the backseat, accidently hitting Annalise, yet again, causing her to let out a short yelp.

"We'll stop to eat in a few moments," I explain glancing at the twins through the rearview mirror.

"Do we have to? We'll be there in a little over an hour," Hayes complains.

"Yep, I've already asked the others to pull off at the next exit," I smirk, waving my phone showing the text I just sent to Elizabeth, who's in the car in front us.

"Fine, but only because I love you," he grins reaching out for my hand.

"I love you, too," I smile back, taking my hand in his slightly larger one.

"I love me!" Annalise exclaims from the backseat causing everyone to laugh.

     Eventually, we pull off on an exit and into the parking lot of a Taco Bell. Connor is the first to unbuckle his seatbelt and hop out of the car screaming about how he was finally free. Once everyone is out, and Connor has finally finished his show, we walk inside. While standing at the counter waiting for our food and for Hayes to finish using the bathroom, two girls subtly walk behind me and begin whispering loudly back and forth about who should ask first. Finally, I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn  around to find two brunettes who looked to be around fifteen smiling at me.

"Hello?" I ask unsure of who they were or what to say.

"Um, hello," the shorter of the two stutters,"you're Rachel, Hayes's girlfriend, Right?"

"That's me," I smile awkwardly not used to fans acknowledging me without Hayes there.

"Oh my gosh, and there's Annalise and Connor," the other one squeals spotting Connor and Annalise sitting at the table with Skylynn.

"Where's Hayes?" they both say in unison.

"He's actually in the b-," I begin until I feel two arms around my waist.

"Hey, babe, who are these girls?" He asks kissing my neck.

Before I can say anything, the taller one responds,"I'm Jesse, and this is Briana, We're both huge fans and were wondering if maybe we could get a photo with you and Rachel?"

"Of course. As long as Rachel's fine with it," he smiles glancing over at me.

"I'd love to," I respond causing both girls to squeal again and whip out their phones. After taking about twenty photos on each of their phones, I hear number 435 being called. Glancing at my receipt, I realize that was our food and excuse myself to retrieve it. As I set the tray down on the table, I see Hayes waving to the girls before walking over to us.

"Well, that was fun," he smiles preceding to take a bite of his taco.

     After everyone finishes, despite Connor's many complaints, we get back into the cars and merge back onto the highway. Like Hayes said, we arrived at the rental center about an hour and fifteen minutes later. While Hayes and his step-dad get the keys, Annalise and Connor run around playing tag while Elizabeth, Skylynn, and I sit on a bench outside the building.

"I remember when Sky used to be that young," Elizabeth smiles ruffling Skylynn's hair.

"Stop, Mom," she groans continuing to tap on her phone.

"Appreciate them while you can," he explains watching Annalise reach out just in time to tag Connor.

"I will," I respond as both guys walk out of the building keys in hand.

"Ready to go?" Hayes asks catching the twins attention.

"Yep," they both smile getting into the now unocked car.

     We drive until we reach a light blue and white two story house with a balcony and porch attached.  We pull into the driveway before getting out. Hayes begins unloading all of the suitcases and handing them to their owners. As soon as we drag out things up the front stairs, Jonnie opens the door, and we're hit with cool air from inside. We all agree to settle in before going out to eat for dinner. Elizabeth and Jonnie share the room with the queen sized bed with an bathroom connected at the left end of the hall while Hayes and I share the room at the left end which contained a full sized bed along with a tv and attached bathroom.  The twins shared the room to the right of ours which had two twin sized beds along with a dresser. Their bathroom connects their room to Skylynns room, which was like ours but slightly smaller.

"This is going to be great," Hayes smiles kissing my lips before placing a pair of pants into the dresser,"I've got a huge surprise for you this trip."

"Oh, what is it," I smirk giving him my full attention.

"You are going to have to wait and see," he grins at my eagerness.

"Fine," I groan knowing that he won't tell.