Chapter 19

Rachel's P.O.V
I wake up to a warm body stirring next to me. I sit up on my elbows and smile at Hayes cuddled up in all the blankets. I swing my feet over the edge of the bed before walking over to the window to find that it had snowed over night, and the ground is now covered in the white powder. I smile to myself before walking down the hall into the twins room to find them both sitting up in their cribs. I set both of them of them on the floor and hold each of their hands as they slowly toddle out of their room. Once we reach the stairs, I lean down and scoop both them up onto my hip before proceeding to the kitchen. They follow me around as I prepare their morning bottles. Once they're warmed up, I pick them both up and set them in their high chairs to drink them while I wash some dishes left over from last night. When they're both finished, I take them into the living to play with their blocks until Hayes finally wakes up.
"Good morning, beautiful," he yawns hugging me before planting a kiss on the top of my head.
"Good morning," I smile. "Would you mind watching the twins while I fix breakfast?" I ask.
"Sure," he agrees combing his hand through his hair lightly.
"Thanks," I smile pecking his lips before going into the kitchen. I get eggs, flour, sugar, backing powder, salt, milk, and butter out of the fridge and cabinets before placing all of them into a glass bowl and mixing it up. I turn on the stove and place a nonstick skillet on the top before pouring the batter inside. After making about 10 pancakes, I begin to slice up a banana and strawberries for Annalise's and Connor's breakfast. Once everything is set out on the table, I call everyone into the dining room.
"Thanks, babe," Hayes smiles kissing my cheek.
"You're welcome," I smile back continuing to tear up a pancake for the twins before proceeding to eat myself. After we finish eating, we take the twins upstairs and dress them in their small snow suites and boots before walking outside. We place the twins in the snow. They begin squealing as they watch the frozen particles melt in their small gloved hands. Connor giggles as he bits into a small ball of snow. Annalise stands up wobbling around in the snow before face planting on the ground.
"Uh oh, baby," I say rushing over to the now crying girl. "Sh it's okay. Mommy's here," I coo bouncing her up and down until she calms down. After about 15 more minutes, we decide to go inside. I run a warm bubble bath for the twins. I watch as they splash and giggle in the water. Hayes and I wash both of them before drying them off with their duck towels and placing them in their fuzzy onesies.
<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>• Sorry it's short but I'm with Taboo2 and didn't feel like writing a lot.
90 votes and 15 comments for a new chapter. <>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•