Messed up

Time Lapse~ 1 month later

Jack's POV

The last month had been very busy for us. We were given so many assignments from our teachers, we could barely meet each other (For your information, 'we' is for me and Anna). Yes, we met regularly in school but that's not the point. I mean just me and her. 

When she was living in my house for like 6 days, it was the best time I had with her. We used to talk or play games or go to walk in the park. I love spending time with her. She has such a calming personality that anyone who has spent time with her will fall in love with her. Am I in love with her? I don't know. Am I stupid to not know? Definitely.

After what it felt like an eternity, my assignments were all completed and I can now relax for a while. To be fair I love to study, but the thing is I don't want to write pages after pages for assignments and projects.

Jack- Have you completed your assignments?

I messaged Anna so that I can plan a date. Yes, a date.

I never took her on a date before. After this busy month, it would be great to spend time with her. 

Anna-No, not yet. It will be completed tomorrow.

Jack- Great, see ya tomorrow.

Now I don't know how to plan a date. I have never gone on a date before. I knew one guy who had gone on many dates. I will ask him tomorrow.

"Hey Leo, I need some tips" I said to him at the canteen.

"What tips?" He asked.

"Well I was thinking about taking Anna on a date, so I figured you could suggest something" I said and he nodded agreeing.

"Ok where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Well we can spend some time in the park and then we can go to see a movie" I said.

"Good idea, then what tips do you want? You seem to have planned everything" He asked.

"Anything you can share" I said. He thought for a while.

"Just be yourself and yeah don't do anything that will mess up your date." He said. 

"Yes, no messing up" I said.

"So Anna, are you free this Sunday?" I asked her in our Arts class. It's the only class which we have in common.

"Yes why?" She asked.

"Well, I thought we could spend some time together, maybe go to see a movie" I said and she looked at me smiling.

"A date?" She asked.

"Yeah, if you don't want to go, then no problem" I said and she laughed.

"Why wouldn't I go?" She said and I smiled.

"Thanks" I said.

"So, where will we meet?" She asked.

"Umm well we can meet in the park, near the gate" I said and she understood.

"Ok then it's settled" She said happily.

The school ended and Anna was probably waiting for me. I left the class and was going towards my locker. I noticed Emily and she came towards me.

"Are you free this Sunday?" She asked me smiling.

"Yes,but why?" I replied.

"You know Claire, she is holding a party at her house this Sunday, so I thought you could come with me to her party. It would be so much fun" She said. She seemed very excited about the party. And I knew none of my friends would be invited to Claire's party. Claire was one of those girls who only hang out with so-called "Cool" people. She never invited my group to her parties and I was glad that she didn't. And Emily said that I can come with her, which meant Anna was not invited.

"Sorry Emily, I can't come." I said and she looked sad.

"But why? It would be nice if you come and spend some time with me" She said. I would probably stay at my own house rather than go to the party. It's not that I don't like to hang out with Emily but she has been acting differently these past few weeks. She would try to talk with me alone(like this one). She doesn't even talk to Anna these days. I wonder if something happened between those two.

"You see I have planned a date with Anna this Sunday, so I am sorry I can't come" I said. All of a sudden she went total silent. She was staring at the floor like she was thinking about something important. The silence was getting awkward.

"Umm Emily are you okay?" I asked her. She suddenly looked up and realized that I was standing in front of her.

"Yeah I am okay, so where are you two going?" She said and smiled.

"Umm well we will spend some time in the park and go to see a movie" I said and she started thinking again.

"If you are going to stand here all day, then I should better get going. Anna is probably waiting." I said and she nodded. She ran off towards the exit.

"Why are you so late? We will miss the bus" Anna said as I ran towards her.

"Yeah talking to a friend. Now let's hurry" I said and we both ran towards the bus stand.

Time Lapse~Sunday

I was getting ready for our date. I was not wearing anything fancy. Just a blue T-shirt and black jeans.I applied some deo too. Ok I was nervous. It was my first one and I don't know if you are supposed to do anything different. We will walk in the park and then go to see a movie. It's as simple as that.

I went out and made my way towards the park. The day was a bit cloudy and it might rain soon. I, of course,didn't bring an umbrella. I was nearly half-way to the park, so I didn't want to go back to my house.

I reached the park and many people were present. I was not surprised as it was Sunday. I went to sit on the nearest bench to the gate and waited for Anna.

Nearly half an hour passed and she was late. I sat there checking my phone and decided to call Anna. I was about to call her but somebody closed my eyes with her hand. 

"Do not open your eyes" A girl said and I recognized it was Anna. She was probably standing behind me as I didn't see her coming. Her hair was falling on my shoulder and it smelled like Jasmine. Anna probably changed her shampoo because her hair always smelled like lemon.

"Okay" I said nervously and she giggled. She came in front of me and then sat beside me but still covering my eyes.

"Do not peek" Anna said softly. I nodded and she removed her hands. I had closed my eyes so I didn't see her.

Suddenly I felt her lip on mine. She started kissing me and I didn't hesitate. She put her hands around my neck and I put my hands on her waist. 

I really wanted to see her beautiful eyes and I opened my eyes to see them. 

I turned to stone to see it. It was not Anna's eyes and I stopped kissing. I pushed myself back and saw that it was - Emily.

"Wait- How did-" I said and it suddenly clicked me. She used her fricking mimicry to deceive me. 

Her expression turned from happy to guilty.

"Why did you do this? Why did you tri-" I nearly yelled at her but something caught my eyes.

Anna was standing by the gate with her hand on her mouth and tears were falling from her face.

Oh, I messed up.