A Friend Returns

Drake's POV

"No, will you leave us alone?" She said and anger was filling me. I apologized and sincerely(which I rarely do) asked her on a date and she rejected me. I knew she said that because of that Jack loser and I wanted to punch him so hard, he would forget his name.

"If you think this loser is better than me, then think again. You will regret your choice later" I said and stormed off towards Hanna. Well, she was too shy and wouldn't even kiss so I went towards the exit, abandoning her.

Well, I wanted Anna back. She was beautiful and smart and perfect. So, why did I leave her? During my practice, I met a cheerleader Christine and she was beautiful. We spend some time in the park and it was nice. After we won the match I kissed her but I didn't want Anna to break up with me. Well, I should have thought about that before kissing her. Anna was very smart. She was good at studies and she did all my summer holiday homework. It was part of the reason for dating her.

But seeing her with that loser didn't fit in my ego. I need to get her back. I needed a plan..........

Jack's POV

I was shocked, literally shocked. Seeing Emily after 3 years, I couldn't make out my feelings- Happy, surprised, betrayed, I really don't know. She stood there, her shiny red hair and brown eyes, and she was smiling at me. I haven't seen her for 3 years and I wanted to hug her. But I knew Anna was sitting on the couch probably looking at me and hugging her was not a smart option.

"Hi Emily, good to see you after 3 years." I said and she smiled. She came and hugged me. I looked at Anna and she was raising her eyebrows. I wanted to say something to her but Emily hugged so tight, my ribs probably cracked.

"I-I can't breathe" I choked out and she pulled back.

"Jack please forgive me for leaving without saying anything but I was too depressed to explain it" She said and her eyes filled with tears. I gave her a tissue and welcomed her to my couch. She sat down and looked at Anna. They stared at each other for a while and I could feel the tension between them.

"So how have you been?" I asked her.

"Not bad" She said and smiled.

"So what happened that you left so suddenly without telling anyone?" I asked her. Her face dropped into a shadow.

"Well after exams in that year, my family went off on a vacation and there was an accident. My dad was careful but a truck hit us and our car crashed. My mom and dad died but I had survived." At this point she was crying and I felt bad for being angry for her for 3 years. I looked at Anna to help me in this situation and she was also sad. I hugged Emily and she put her chin on my shoulder and cried. Anna didn't mind and nodded at me like telling me that I was doing the right thing.

"So, my uncle took me to Texas and I stayed there for these past years. My uncle a shifted to New York few days ago and came here to apologize to you" She said finally leaving my shoulder.

"Ok, I am really sorry for what happened and I forgive you" I said and a smile went up in Emily's face. She then stared at Anna and I realized I hadn't introduced them to each other.

"So Anna, this is Emily, she was my friend in class 8 and Emily this is Anna, she is my..." I said and stopped. I don't know what to call Anna since I don't know our status.

"Girlfriend" Anna said. She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh Jack, you got a girlfriend. But how? You couldn't even talk to me properly in class 8." Emily said and laughed. Anna also started laughing.

"Yeah right, he was very shy when he first met me" Anna said. Emily smiled at her.

"So, in which school did you take admission in?" I asked her.

"Our old school of course" Emily said.

"Oh good, then we all can hang out together" I said and Emily looked happy. I don't know how she can even smile after what happened to her.

"Jack, its time for me to go" Anna said and got up.

"Ya, I also better get going" Emily also got up.

Anna took her bag and went towards the door. She looked sad and turned towards me. She came and kissed me. She pulled apart and I realized Emily was standing beside me. She was looking at the floor and she was trying not to smile. They both went outside and went towards the bus stand talking.

Anna's POV

Me and Emily went in the same direction. I don't know how I feel about her being so close to Jack. They were friends before I met Jack and she was nice, so I shouldn't judge her. I knew Jack had a crush on Emily but I think he doesn't feel the same now. I hope so.

"So Anna, when did you meet Jack?" She asked me.

I told her the story and she nodded as if she was familiar with it.

"Hmm Jack is a nice guy. He helped me a lot when I was in his class. We did homework together at his house. I felt bad for not telling him the reasons for my disappearance before" She said.

"I am sorry for what happened. I must have been hard for you" I said.

"Ya, I was in depression for the first couple of months but I got over it. Mourning on the lost ones is not a good idea" She said and I had to agree. I had a puppy when I was little but after like 7 years , she died and I cried for months. But losing a dog and losing your parents is not the same thing.

We reached the bus stand and she took a bus and left. I went towards my home and entered it. My dad was sitting on the couch and my mom was probably in the kitchen. My dad looked at me and he smiled. I think this was the first time in 5 years, he looked happy seeing me. I went towards my room and put my bags down. I took out my phone and saw the background picture of me and Jack eating ice-creams. It was taken before that football match.

This was the first time I thought my life could be normal. My parents had started caring about me, I had a wonderful boyfriend and everything would be smooth from now on.

What could even go wrong?