Chapter 1 | continued

I walked up to the glass doors of "Snake pit High." Well, that's what I like to call it. (because I always feel like the prey in here.) Its really called Shakra High, I look at its Structure and all church like features. I stare at the sign and its boring colours blue and brown.God how much I want to go to college, not too long now.

A loud cough interrupted my thoughts. I looked at Mr Anderson standing in front of me, tapping his foot and folding his arms.

Mr Anderson looked at me with a frown," I dont care why your late.Just hurry inside." I could see he was getting very inpatient with me, so I quickly made a dash for the door.

"Yes sir." I muttered as I rushed to get to class.

I hurried up to my class and walked in with several eyes judging me. See what I mean about being in a snake pit? I could imagine them all hissing and sliding about to get a closer look at their meal.

I turn to Mr Rosser who sat at his mahogany desk in his leather chair, "Why are you late miss Swallows?" Like the students he had looked up from his paper work and eyed me suspiciously. His round rimmed glasses falling on his nose; he didn't make any intention to push them back up.

"I got up late, I forgot to set my alarm." I stood awkwardly as he just stared at me for longer than I was confutable with.

"Well you must of got up pretty late to get here at this time." He looked at his Rolex watch with a deep frown. Mr Rosser is a man of high tastes, he even owns three cars : a Jaguar, a Bentleys and a fully done up camper van.

"Yes sir, sorry sir it won't happen again." I said in a rush, I wasn't sure he understood me but what he said next confirmed that he had.

"Make sure it doesn't, now go and sit down." He gestured to my seat at the back.

I wandered over my seat that has an amazing view of Shakra Valley. From the corner of my eye I could sense Katty and her crew glaring and sniggering at me but I blocked it out.

I dumped my maths book and pencil case on the desk, along with the homework we'd been set last lesson. I started the worksheet as an attempt to distract myself from a pounding headache, the whispering of my name and Mr Rosser's annoying droning voice.

I continued with the work even when Sir started giving out one of his usual speeches. It was probably just some lecture about prom or a word to the prefects in the class.

When the door opened however I looked up, expecting another teacher or a incredibly late student. But no, there stood a tall 6"1 dark haired and green eyed guy; rocking out a aged leather jacket and dark denim jeans. His messy chocolate hair fell around his eyes so he brushed it away as he stepped into the class.

His eyes scanned the class, when his eyes met mine he seamed to shift. His whole body went tense and his eyes turned dark. Even his nose flared...Wait what, was he sniffing me?

I quickly put my head down and pretended to be solving and equation, I looked over at everyone. No one else noticed, they were either drooling or just looked interested. Some of the guys looked jealous, the muscle probably.

"Ahh, you must be Chester Lance?" Mr Rosser stretched out his hand for Chester to shake.

Chester, what an unusual name. It's nice but very odd.

"Yes sir that's right." Chester shook sirs hand with a crooked grin.

Mr Rosser handed Chester his timetable, along with a textbook and revision guide for the lesson.

Chester muttered a thanks as he made his way to the back. To the chair next to me to be exact. Considering it was the only empty seat in the class, he didn't really have a choice.