Prologue

Hello! Before you read on I'd just like to thank you for clicking on my story. I hope you read on to the end. It would mean a lot.

Happy reading! ^_^

The cast list for my book is on the right. I wasn't going to add one but after much consideration I've added it, -------->

---------------------------

"Mummy, can I go out and play?" I asked playfully.

"Sweetheart its 7:30 pm...It's your bedtime soon." Mummy said as she walked into the dinning room carrying a plate full of homemade shortbread, with her usual motherly smile plastered across her face.

"Please mummy just ten minutes," I sat at table swinging my legs already in my barbie pink wellies. I desperately wanted to go outside.

"Oh go on then." She shrugged and placed the tray on the worktop, "but only ten minutes before I will be calling you back in."

I squealed with delight as I ran to the front door, smiling a thank you as I went.

I ran around on the wooden porch jumping in the puddles from early morning rain, I grabbed "suzie doll" from the old mossy stool and jumped down the little steps leading to the big grassy field. Suzie doll; I've had since I were four. She has candy red hair tied in two bunches one on each side of her head, she wears a little green dress with a blue ribbon round her waist. She has bare feet because unfortunately I lost them when I dropped her in a river a few years ago.

I carried on running through the slightly over grown field singing to my self "twinkle twinkle little star" when I heard a slight howl coming from the distance. I was curious as the howl was like a starting note for an Oprah song. But, I simply ignored it, mummy said there are lots of dogs in the Village past Shakra valley over the woods so I thought it was just that.

I reached my favourite spot which is a huge willow tree that is just at the entrance of the woods. I sat down under it, leaning my back against it's mighty trunk and looked up at the shining stars twinkling beautifully in the jet black sky. I started to sing once more when I heard more howling.This time, I could hear more than just one dog. I could hear at least 4 maybe 5 dogs all howling at once. I sat silently twiddling with my fingers in my lap listening carefully to the mesmerising sound of the chorus of howls.

A little while later after silence had replaced the howling. I heard a gentle rustling sound in the bushes behind me, I jumped up with a gasp and concentrated on the bush that started to rustle more violently, I watched as two great big yellow eyes appear soon followed by the snarling mouth and twitching noise. I stood frozen to the spot unable to get my body to move. Soon more of those yellow eyed beasts appear all dribbling with saliva, I look carefully at the body of one of the beasts and see that it has the same structure as that of a dog. But it's mouth and eyes were a big give a way that it was most definitely not a dog.

I then heard myself say in an almost whisper. "You don't look like a dog...You look more like a wolf." As soon as I had said that last word the wolves looked at me with there sinking yellow eyes, that had widened weirdly. They looked at one another as if communicating. It was very odd but very fascinated.

"Eliza! It's time to come in now, Eliza!" I could hear mummy calling my name but it took me a few minutes to answer.

"I'm coming!" I called back, my voice sounding dry and hoarse.

I turned my attention back to the wolves who just looked at me one last time before bowing low and running into the darkness. I stood there a little puzzled as to what just happened, maybe it was a dream? Or just my imagination; most likely.

I quickly ran back across the field (losing one of my wellies on the way) towards mummy who was standing with daddy's arm around her; daddy had been at work all week so I was so excited to see him.

"Daddy!" I say with an excited grin.

He grabbed me into a hug. "Hey cupcake, I think its time for your bedtime now." He lifted me from the ground and sat me on his broad shoulder.

"I'm not tied." I yawned.

"Eliza...You've lost one of your wellies." Mummy spoke in her stern soft tone that I'd never understand how she does it.

I looked down at my soaked blue sock." I think it's in the field somewhere." I yawned once again, this time louder.

Mummy let out a deep sigh "I wish you would be more careful sweetheart, you'd loose your head if it weren't screwed on." She chuckled. "I will go get it."

I gave mummy a kiss and climbed the magnolia carpet stairs, I put on my hello kitty pyjamas and slipped into my cupcake print bed.

"Now what story would you like tonight?" Daddy asked whilst walking into my room.

"Alice in wonderland." I replied sinking deeper into the bed sheets that were the familiar smell of lavender and honeysuckle.

Daddy picked up the book and started to read. Within 5 mins he heard my quiet snoring. As I drifted into a deaper sleep, I heard a click of a switch and the door quietly close. I was left on my own to dream about The wolves of Shakra valley.

....................................................................................

Please vote and comment, I love hearing people views on my writing. This is my first book on wattpad so I'm not the best, I hope you continue reading! ^_^