Chapter 28

Rory began loitering around the place, waiting for Reika and Dia to come out, she narrowed her eyes to the two other girls with her; quickly noticing a distance between Ray and Sunflower.
Have they seriously not made up already?
Geez.
"I'm going to check up on the others." Rory muttered briefly and began walking away without hearing what they had to say, she figured it was for the 'best'.
She didn't know the difference between the 'best' or 'the right thing to do'.
It was annoying. So annoying.
She stared down the hallway, not seeing Reika nor Dia pop up after a minute or two. Her patience was immediately spoiled in another minute; she went walking down the hallway only to (nearly) bump into Reika.
"Ah, Rory. I thought you were waiting outside?" Reika looked at her with a bright smile, "you two are taking your sweet ass time," Rory spoke with a raised eyebrow, "sorry, I'm the one that's stalling, not Dia." Reika smiled nervously, "she's in Ray and Sunflower's closet, the big one."
"I guess I'll go see her."
Rory turned her attention to Ray and Sunflower's room. Why would Dia be in there anyway?
I don't get her sometimes.
Rory walked into the room; she expected to see Dia pop right out of the closet, but there was clearly nothing. Her patience lingered once again, but she didn't like waiting.
"Dia~ I'm coming in I guess," Rory opened the closet door to see Belle tiptoeing; the demure girl was attempting to grab something on the higher shelf, but hearing the closet door creak open, her head turned to the side, "oh, it's just you."
"Wrong room." Rory turned right around and was about to leave before the closet door was shut in front of her face, "why'd you come in here just to close the closet door?" Belle muttered.
"It's nothing, don't assume anything!" Rory's voice rose as she pulled the knob, only to feel a sudden realization of anger and shock, "If you're going to be like that just get out." Belle briefly turned her head back to the top of the shelf, "I don't need this right now."
Rory angrily glanced at Belle before glancing down at the door knob.
That son of a bitch.
They both tricked me both into staying in here.
What's wrong with me?
She attempted to twist the knob again, but the door itself didn't bulge, the lock was in here, so she figured they put a chair against the door or at least something big.
She began to angrily mutter to herself, cursing and vowing death threats, although it wasn't that long till she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, she froze briefly.
"Rory, I know that you don't like... hugging or anything, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry."
"G-Get..." Rory swallowed back her words, she shook Belle off of her and walked away from her, "get away from me."
She spoke with an embittered voice and a slightly darkened gaze, "Isn't this what you wanted? An apology?" Belle pressed in angrily, "I don't understand you."
"I was trying to defend you. But you hit me because of it."
"You punched him. Of course I'd get mad."
"Why..." Rory turned around to face Belle, "why don't you care about yourself?"
Belle went quiet for a brief second, before angrily looking at Rory, "what are you even talking about?"
"You don't care about the bad things that happen to you, you just care about the people that hurt you, or the people that do get hurt. Why are you like this? You complain to me about your boyfriend, how he's all touchy-feely, yet you're the one who's letting him. He does it because he believes you accept it, but in reality you don't. You're so stubborn." Rory clenched both of her fists, her eyes were enraged, "what gives you the right to talk to me like tha-."
"I have a right because I know you. We've known each other for fifteen years. I can see it in your eyes that you're not okay, you don't give yourself enough love because you're afraid of it," Rory stared directly at her, Belle stared at her in shock, the demure girl curtly let herself go, "why are you-,"
"You're afraid of loving yourself, giving yourself the love that you give others. It doesn't benefit or serve your purposes, but it hurts you. It hurts you, and you believe you don't deserve it. That's why you accept the things that hurt you," Rory briskly explained with a softened, but indistinguishable facial expression, "I can see that you're hurt. I want to help you, but you're just so... "
"I don't need help with anything. You don't understand me at all-."
"Tell me I'm WRONG then." Rory's voice rose, causing Belle to flinch slightly, "tell me... I'm wrong. Tell me that you care about yourself, tell me that you love yourself... tell me that you're not pretending to love the people around you... tell me that you're not afraid to love yourself because of the things that you think will bring you down! Tell me, that your ideal of 'love' means you LOVE you, and not someone you've created to prevent that!"
Belle went silent, she had this complex expression that lingered on her face, Rory stared at her, her eyes watering as the girl in front of her opened her mouth to speak, but the only response she got was a hurt Belle shouldering her to the side; Belle held the knob in her hand and twisted it, but the door didn't open.
In that very moment, Rory felt betrayed by her own friend, she felt like she didn't trust her enough to open up to her. She was conflicted about this gravely, looking to the side, her expression was hurt.
So that's how it is.
Belle just stayed in place, her hand slowly moving away from the knob.
"I guess you really just don't want to talk to me about these things." Rory spoke in a low tone of voice, Belle turned her head, "It's not because I don't want to... I just can't bring myself to admit these things when I'm with you.." the demure girl murmured, looking back at the handle, "If I can't be honest with myself, I can't be honest with you either."
"Is that your 'ideal' of justice? If you're the one that's in the way of your own problems, I don't get how you can openly admit that the things I'm doing are 'wrong' yet you can't prove that yourself because of the way you are. Stubborn. You're so stubborn."
With a mindset like that, there's no changing the persisting beliefs she has.
Rory turned around and went at the far-end of the closet, which was close to where she was standing; Rory grabbed a random blanket from the ground and hid in between the boxes that were placed in the corner.
She stayed there, not making any noise whatsoever.
It was yet another linger of silence that wasn't to be broken.
With their strong-willed attitudes it'd be hard to convince between right or wrong.
.
"Was that even a good idea?" Reika briefly spoke, her head turning to Dia, "well, it's efficient since they'll be stuck in there for a while, the only hope we could have is that they forgive each other," the virtuous girl spoke before turning a keen eye to the drawer against the closet door, "I wonder if Rory would be able to knock that down from the other side."
"There's a good chance, this one time we locked Rory in my room at our old apartment as a prank and she broke down the door with my rock collection." Reika explained with a frown, "I had some rare rocks too, so I was upset after that."
"Tough luck, you and Ray were living in poverty."
"What? We weren't living in poverty, we were just sort of poor, but not poor to the point that we were homeless. Plus the apartment we were in was already bad enough, we're just lucky we met Sunflower in time."
"A woman of her words that one, but for now let's get out of here."
.
Stubborn? Belle held her legs tight as she glanced on over to the corner that Rory was in, she heard distant muttering. Angry muttering.
She looked back at her own knees. I'm not stubborn.