Ch 23

Authors note: I wrote this while watching the first two Twilight movies. Enjoy 

✰✰✰✰

Soft lips brush across my temple, leaving sweet kisses in their wake, and part of me wants to turn and respond but mostly stay asleep. I groan and burrow into my pillow.

"Mc, wake up." Jumin's voice is soft, cajoling.

"No," I mumble.

"We need to leave in half an hour for dinner." He's amused.

I open my eyes reluctantly. It's dusk outside. Jumin is leaning over, gazing at me.

"Come on, sleepyhead, get up." He stoops down and kisses me again.

"Don't go back to sleep, I will be waiting downstairs. Don't keep me waiting, or you'll be in trouble," his tone threatens, but his voice is mild. He kisses me briefly and exits, leaving me rubbing sleep from my eyes.

I'm seeing all those people again. He's just worked me over with a riding crop and tussed me up using a cable tie which I sold to him, and now I'm going to see his friends. It'll be Hy's first time meeting most of them, at least she will be there for support. I roll my shoulders. His demand for a personal trainer doesn't seem so outlandish now.

I climb out of bed and note my dress is hanging outside the wardrobe and my bra is on the chair. Where is my underwear? Then I remembered, he squirreled them away in his pocket. I frown.

I retreat to the bathroom, bewildered by my lack of underwear. While drying myself from my enjoyable but far too short shower, I realize he has done this on purpose. He wants me to embarrass myself and ask for them back, and that doesn't even mean he will say yes. Two can play at this game. I decide that I won't be giving him that satisfaction, I wouldn't be asking for them back. My subconscious screams at me, but I don't listen.

Back in the bedroom, I put on my bra, slip into my dress, and climb into my shoes. I remove the braid in my hair, and hastily brush it out.

Dashing back into the bathroom, I check myself in the mirror. My cheeks are flushed, my face is smug because of the plan, and I head downstairs. Only took fifteen minutes.

Jumin is standing by the window, wearing the grey flannel pants, and, of course, a white linen shirt. Doesn't he have any other colors?

Jumin turns and smiles as I enter. He looks at me expectantly.

"Hi," I say softly.

"Hi," he says. "How are you feeling?" His eyes filled with amusement.

"Good, thanks. You?"

"I feel mighty fine."

He is waiting for me to say something.

"You're inconceivable at times," he grins lazily down at me and pulls me into his embrace, his arm curling at my wait. "Shall we go?"

"Yes, I can't wait to see them," I answer.

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Oh yes," I responde sweetly.

"Are you sure?"

I nod as naturally as I can manage under his amused scrutiny. His face splits into a huge grin, and he shakes his head.

"Okay, if that's the way you want to play, Miss Niven."

He releases me from his grasp and takes my hand, collects his jacket from one of the stools, and leads me through the foyer to the elevator. Oh, the many faces of Jumin Han. Will I ever be able to understand him?