ch 27

Authors note: I literally got locked out of my account after writing this chapter and had an anxiety attack thinking this was gonna be left unfinished forever.. anyways I was just dramatic so here is the next chapter. Idk the last time I updated but someone commented on my TikTok asking if I was ever gonna finish it, and I really am determined to do so. It's been years since I started it but I literally have 2-3 chapters left I'd say. I hope yall enjoy, doubt anyone will be reading this but that's fine. I'm finishing this for me at this point. 

✰✰✰✰

I am manicured, massaged, and I've had two glasses of champagne. The first-class lounge has many redeeming features. With each sip of Moet, I feel slightly more inclined to forgive Jumin and his intervention. I open up my laptop, hoping to test the theory that it works anywhere on the planet.

-

From: Zoe Niven

Dear Mr. Han,

What really alarms me is how you knew which flight I was on.

Your stalking knows no bounds. Let's hope that Dr. Flynn is back from vacation.

I had two glasses of champagne though.

Thank you.

-

From: Jumin Han

Dr. Flynn is back, and I have an appointment this week.

-

There is so much room in the first class. I settle myself into the sumptuous leather window seat as the cabin slowly fills. I call my mom to tell him where I am, a brief call as it was late for her.

"I love you, mom," I mumble.

"You too, Zoe. I cannot wait to see you. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I hang up.

I stare at my laptop, I open it up, and open my email.

-

From: Zoe Niven

I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to message once we take off, and I need my sleep since I've not been sleeping so well recently.

Pleasant dreams, Mr. Han... Thinking of you.

-

Oh, he's going to flip out, and I shall be airborne and out of reach. I stare at my email. Hy was right. It is like shooting fish in a barrel with him. My subconscious stares at me with an ugly twice to her mouth. What he has done is sweet, you know! He cares about you and wants you to travel in style. Yes, but he could have asked me or told me. Not made me look clumsy at check-in. I press send and wait.

"Miss Niven, you'll need to stow your laptop for takeoff," the over-made-up flight attendant says politely. She makes me jump. My guilty conscience is at work.

"Oh, sorry."

Now I'll have to wait to know if he replied. She hands me a soft blanket and a pillow, showing her perfect teeth. I drape the blanket over my knees. It's nice feeling pampered sometimes.

The seat next to mine is the only unoccupied one in the sixteen-seat cabin. The plane jolts as it pulls away from the gate, and I breathe a sigh of relief but feel a faint tingle of disappointment too. No Jumin for four days. I take a peek at my phone.

-

From: Jumin Han

I know what you're trying to do, and trust me, you've succeeded. Next time you'll be in the cargo hold, bound and gagged to the crate. Believe me when I say that attending to you in that state will give me so much more pleasure than merely upgrading your ticket.