Chapter 36: The Dark Mark

(Leon POV)

Leon: "Don't let anyone know what happened today. You can visit our home this summer if you like and give him some additional lessons in potion when you have a spare time."

He nods his head at took my advices.

Leon: "Now for the next, let's talk about the dark mark of yours."

Snape: "You even know that?!" [Surprise]

Leon: "I already know your life, so it wouldn't be surprising even knowing that dark mark at your arm. Show it to me."

Snape was reluctant but eventually gave in. He lift his sleeve and I see the mark. Using my magic eyes, a tattoo appeared on his arm. A very sinister aura came out from his tattoo. I look at the green thread connecting this mark to his magical core. The thread was thick and very powerful but not powerful enough to stop my attempt.

The thread on Ron's had was small but it was stuck to his brain or mind. The brain is very complex and one wrong move could end him. Fortunately, this thread was connected to Snape's magical core so being an expert on magical manipulation, it is easy for me to severe this thread.

I use my blue magic and wrap around Snape's magical core, protecting it to what I'm about to do. I mentally slice the green thread and the thread turns to black. The thread slowly turns black and tries to attack Snape's magical core but my magic was powerful enough to protect it. It slowly crumbles away and the tattoo disappear.

Snape felt amazing after that. It's like a boulder was release from his shoulders. He saw his arm and there's no tattoo. He touch his arm to make sure of it and it was nothing. He's crying but he's happy at the same time. He covered his face both of his hands. It seems that he's suffering from the dark mark for a long time and the mental burden was too much. He accepted his fate and he will never be free from the clutches of Voldemort. Who knew a 12 year old boy would set him free. I undo the chains and I walk to the door and when I was about to leave.

Leon: "Before I forget. After you done reconcile with Harry, try to get a new look. They say a new haircut is a new you. Why not try it? Also, find a partner. Even though you still love Lily, you can still love another one and have a family."

I didn't wait for his reply and I left the room.

(Harry POV)

I was in the library with Hermione and Ron when suddenly, I felt a vibration coming from my pocket. I open it up and I got a text from Leon. He texted me that he gave someone my number and wants to talk to me. I was curious and the next moment, a received another notification. I'm unfamiliar with the number so I got curios and open the message.

[Dear Harry,

I have nowhere to begin but to apologize to you for what I've done to you this many months. The reason why I treated you badly because you remind me of James Potter the moment I saw your face. Your face reminded me of the torture that I went through when me and your father was like your age. He humiliate and bullied me all those years and I despise him very much. The fact that his blood runs through your veins really want to torture you as much as he did to me. But because of my anger towards him, I forgot that Lily's blood runs through your veins as well. I regretted that I didn't save her that time.

I really like your mother. You have her eyes. We were close when we were young and I was the one who introduce her to magic. I really wish to see her one last time as much as you do.

If you like, we could talk about your mother and her days in Hogwarts and maybe your father as well. Once again, I am deeply sorry.

From

Severus Snape]

I didn't notice that tears are forming from my eyes. I was shock that all of the people who knew my parents, Professor Snape was the one wants to talk about them to me. Ron and Hermione notice me and I wipe away my tears. They were concern about what I read and ask what happened. I showed them the text and they were surprise as well. They couldn't believe that the Professor Snape would do this.

Ron: "Is this some kind of trap? This is unbelievable."

Hermione: "I don't think so. Something must have happened. What could have change his demeanor?"

Harry: "I don't know but I think that Leon has something to do with this."

Ron: "Why do you think so?"

I showed them Leon's text and speculate that he was the one behind this.

Ron: "Woah. What did he do to make Professor Snape do this?"

Harry: "I don't know."

Everyone contemplates but they have no idea.

Ron: "Well if it isn't a trap, I say go for it Harry. Nobody really talks about your parents and this is a great chance to get to know them better and Professor Snape as well."

Hermione: "Ron is right Harry. Maybe he can give you an extra lessons on potion making."

Me and Ron looks at her with deadpanned expression. Everytime we talk about something, she always gets back to studies or related to that.

Hermione: "What?"

Ron: "Nothing."

She just look at us and just shrug. She gets back to her studies while Ron read his book but doesn't really focuses on it. I look at the message again and hope this is real. In the past, I asked the teachers and others for any information about my parents. So far, only achievements and vague answers I only received. I never thought that my father was a bully but I would like to hear the story first before I suspect my parents. I replied Professor Snape and ask that 'I would like to know about my parents and thank you for telling me this' and send it to him. I also type 'Thank you' and send it to Leon.

So far, life is pretty good nowadays.

(AC: Advance 20+ Chapters can be seen at my Patreon.com/NovelAdik)