Chapter 2: Reborn

(Leon POV)

When I open my eyes, all I can see is a dirty ceiling. I got up and look around. The room was full of double bunk beds where some children are sleeping. 

Leon: ‘It seems that I’m in an orphanage.’

I look at my hands and clench them. They are so small. It seems I reverted back to my young age. When I try to get out of the bed, I sudden rush of memories filled my mind.

My name is Leon Parker. My father was a wizard and my mother was a muggle. I was just 2 years old when it happened. We were just a happy family in our home. Me, playing with my toys in the living room with my mother and father when suddenly, a death eater appeared and murdered my mother with a spell in front me and my father. The death eater laugh maniacally and thought we were just a muggle family, killing us was an easy job. 

Blind with rage, my father took his wand out and attack the death eater. I cried and crawl quickly to find someplace to stay safe. I quickly close my eyes and cover my ears, shivering from fear. After minutes have passed, the room was quiet. I crawl slowly going back to the room and saw the outcome. 3 bodies are lying on the floor. I quickly crawl to my mother.

Leon: “Ma…ma?”

I saw my mother’s face. She was pale as white and she looks like she is sleeping. I touch my mother’s face with my tiny hands. 

It was cold. 

I cried loudly. I cried that I will never feel my mother’s warmth ever again. I cried that I will never see her smile ever again.

???: [cough]

I stopped and saw my father still lying on the floor, barely breathing. I quickly crawl to him.

Leon: “DADA!” 

Father: “There, there my boy. [Cough] Dada and Mama is going to another place right now. [Wheezing] Sorry we have you to leave behind.”

Tears running down my face. He touch my face with his cold hands, washing away my tears and smiles.

Father: [Tears in his eyes] [cough] “Be strong … Leon. We … will …. al ….. ways …… love ……… you.” [Collapse]

Scream and cries can only be heard inside the house. 

Few minutes later, police and medical crew arrive the location. What they saw were very shocking. Everything was broken, 3 bodies lying on the floor and a child crying in front of his dead parents. 

Only sadness permeates around the room. The police tried to calm me down and tried ask a few questions about what happened.

Leon: [Points the dead Death Eater] “Bad”

The police get the gist of the situation and let me sleep in the ambulance. They tried to contact any living relatives for me but unfortunately, there were none. Because of this, they have no choice but to put me in an orphanage. This all happened two years ago.

[Memory Ends]

I open my eyes and felt something on my face. Tears run down on my face. (Author: Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus). I felt sadness for my parents. I felt sadness that I won’t be able to see or hear them ever again. I wipe my tears away and follow what my father says, even though I never knew my parents before I took over this body, the love and affections from them really affected my emotions. 

Leon: “Be strong. Be strong enough to protect yourself. Be strong to protect others. Be strong so that you don’t worry about any other things. Be strong to do whatever you want.”

I used my World Soul Magic ability for the first time.

Leon: {Notepad}

A blue screen appeared in front of me and I mentally wrote my objectives. 

Objectives:

1. Money

2. Stronger

(Author: Even though he says notepad, the intention of creating a notepad will have a different outcome. Like for an example, if I summon an apple but my intention would be red apple, a red apple will appear)

Leon: ‘Even though it is simple, this is my top priority for now. I could just use my ability to summon many amounts of money but like novels I read, this a bad move. They will get suspicious that an orphan suddenly became a millionaire. Better stick with low and undetected. Other necessities like food and clothes? Just summon them with my ability in my free time. 

Leon: {Apple}

I catch the red apple and check if it is safe to eat. When everything seems to be in order, I ate the apple. It taste like an ordinary apple. I also discovered that I was very hungry. I summon another apple until my hunger was satisfied.

Leon: [Burp]

I startled the sleeping children and some are starting to wake up. It was still middle of the night and I don’t want to disturb their sleep.

Leon: {Sleep}

The next thing you know, all you can hear is snores.

Leon: ‘Very convenient’ [Smiles]