Teen Titans #44: Discussion Damian Deserves Better Than This Crap

Well we got another new issue of Teen Titans. Which means Damian character is still getting crapped on and crapped on badly. I hated this issue. I really did. The annual is about to come out and I'm not happy with this direction. At all. I fucking hate it. This isn't something easy to watch. My favorite character is being ruined before my eyes by writers/editorial who clearly don't like him. I don't get why Damian's entire character has been shit on so badly. This book only is existing to make him a villain. He apparently killed Brother Blood. (Something we never actually saw mind you). Fuck.. I don't even want to write anymore. I really don't. Everything about this book is bad. The fact that the blame of everything falls entirely on Damian when they all are guilty. The fact that it's the same arcs repeating themselves. The fact that everyone on here is unlikable. The fact that nobody talks to each other anymore. The fact that no fucking lessons are learned. The previous arcs are meaningless. This whole book is incredibly inconsistent. They don't know how to write Damian. They don't know how to write anyone. They shit all over his entire character and ignored all the hard work done by Gleason and tomasi. It's just terrible. There's no consistency at all. With any of this. DC has more than dropped the ball with this terrible book. There's also some dumb Emi x Wallace ship moments thrown in at the worst time possible because this book is horrendously written. I don't think the writer even cares at this point. This is just filler for them because Glass left the book early. The ending of the issue irritates me because despite Damian getting beaten up batman (who at this point was watching this whole thing transpire) never even bothers to jump in to try and break this up. What a terrible father he's being written as. This team is just awful and Damian has been made awful. There's no excuse for the way he's been written here. He's just been shit in worse than any dc character since wally in heroes in crisis. It's like the book is written by people who hate the character. I really feel like that's the case. I'm just so done and checked out anymore. They ruined his entire character. They fucked it up. They fucked this book up. It's all gone. It's all dumb. It's thankfully ending in November. But... I'm still just really sad at the direction of it all. I wanted to love this book. I wanted this to be great. But it isn't. This is just horrible. I'm rambling incoherently at this point because I'm just not happy about it anymore. 😭. So I'm ending this here. I'll see you after the annual hits where we get to see everything fall apart completely.  Fuck this. I'm out y'all.