Teen Titans #41 Discussion: Back After Hiatus

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been away for so long from this book. After covid-19 struck all comics ended up getting delayed. So the books that were supposed to come out last month are just now starting to come out. Including this book that includes this week's teen titans. Also, I should mention that since I last updated this book another Damian ship became canon and that would be Damirae in Justice League Dark Apokolips War. So hooray for that! Anyways can let's get to talking about this latest issue which is
the end of this Djinn war storyline and was also pretty much the end of the whole Adam glass run. I think. Well there's the annual and then it is finally over. But, this is pretty much the end and well I was not a fan of this. In fact I have some major problems with this book.

Plot/Summary:
So basically after the team died they went into purgatory to rescue Djinn and the way she ends up escaping is one of the dumbest ways imaginable. Since this run began 2 years ago this whole book has been trying to showcase the importance and power of Djinn's ring and they try to establish that Djinn can't escape her ring and the prison she is in. But then all it takes for her to escape is for crush to go up to her and tell her to try because get this... Djinn never even attempted to in all this time. In her 4000 years of existence not once did she try to escape her ring without being commanded..

Are you serious? She could have left the ring the whole fucking time!? Why didn't she do that before!? The whole team didn't even have to go and practically die to save her

Are you serious? She could have left the ring the whole fucking time!? Why didn't she do that before!? The whole team didn't even have to go and practically die to save her. That just completely undermines everything that happened before and all the rules surrounding her ring and that. What a waste of time. Anyways, the team soon goes to heaven to fight Elias and are able to defeat him with ease. Djinn frees her other siblings and traps Elias. It all wraps up super quickly and anticlimactically. Afterwards Djinn decides to leave the team. (Thankfully),

Then we get more of Damian not leaning anything because the writers hate character development

Then we get more of Damian not leaning anything because the writers hate character development. In fact I'm pretty certain the writer just hates Damian and just wants to sabotage his character.

Instead of owning up to the error of his ways or anything reasonable like that

Instead of owning up to the error of his ways or anything reasonable like that. He tells his teammates that he didn't go far enough. Like for real!? Also, last I checked Djinn and Damian agreed to utilize the same methods. He wasn't using her then. But, also I can't stand seeing Damian crapped on this much in this run and by the end of it his whole team leaves him with Emiko being the last one to leave. What a damn shame.

But, Damian isn't the only character crapped on in this book

But, Damian isn't the only character crapped on in this book. Emi has been crapped on a lot too and you know what Wallace has too. What has Wallace really done in this book!? Nothing . He has been completely wasted in this book. He voices his disdain for a lot of Damian's methods but almost never does a damn thing about it. What in all honesty was his role in this book? How did he help this team!? Answer: He didn't. He was wasted. Emi was regressed. We lost her amazing personality. It just sucked. Crush still has her thing for Djinn and Roundhouse is still annoying.

Shipping Moments:
None with Damian and Emiko. The only moments you get are with crush and Djinn who just leaves her anyways. So it's just whatever.

Final Thoughts:
This team just sucks. It needs to be scrapped at this point. After 2 years they have not given a legitimately good reason as to why they should all be on the same team. They haven't really learned to be better characters. Any resemblance of development is thrown away. In the previous issues with the other they said they would try to be a better team and guess what!? They lied. They broke it off again. They're always at each other's throats. They all cause each other a bunch of problems and the cycle repeats itself. How in the world is this a team!? How come the previous team broke up off panel and so easily and get this terrible team somehow stuck around for 20 issues. I just don't get it. I miss the rebirth team and want this team gone. Bring back raven and beast boy and get rid of Djinn and roundhouse. Also, deage Jon kent and put him on the teen titans. Do whatever you can to erase this team from existence. Nobody grew into better people and nothing all that good came from this run. Only pain. Now, I know that we will see more of this team again. But, I really don't want to. I want a book that cares about its characters and actually tries to see them grow. But, sadly this book just isn't it. I wanted to like this book. But i was left very dissatisfied after reading it. Anyways, thank you for reason this and have a great day.