Teen Titans #37 Discussion The Other's Identity Is Revealed

Welp the last teen titans issue of this year is finally here and the identity of the Other has been revealed and it is someone from Damian's past. The one who took him from this world before. That's right the Other is none other than...

Warning. Spoilers Ahead.

The Heretic! That's right the villain who killed Damian.

The twist is actually a pretty good one

The twist is actually a pretty good one. There's some history between the two. However, as cool as the reveal is it makes me wonder what the Other's connection is to Emiko since he is the reason she joined the team in the first place? I guess it's whatever. The other wanted to offer Damian the chance to join him which seems to be a theme with villains and Damian. All these different villains want Damian to join them. But, anyways so there's that plot line and then the rest of the issue has roundhouse questioning his actions and getting motivated by his mom to be heroic and saving the remaining titans. Emi, Wallace, and Crush were trapped and almost drowned before Roundhouse rescued them.  Leaving the issue on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Damiko Moments:
There's no shipping moments between Damian and Emi in case anyone was wondering. There almost seemed like something between Emi and Wallace. But, I hope it doesn't actually happen. I don't really think anyone does. But, at this point if it's something I don't want to see happen it ends up happening. Lol. 

Overall Thoughts:
The issue was fine. I liked the twist and I'm hopeful that this team actually comes together. It's been over a year and I don't feel like this team has a good bond with each other. The previous team was better. I'm worried that the moment this team does come together that it will be too late. Adam Glass is set to leave this book soon after the next arc is done. So who knows what will happen to this team. I feel like Damian will be ok since he is appearing in the Batman titles and such. But, I don't know what will happen to the other characters. There's no green arrow title so Emi probably won't appear in any other book but this. It's all up in the air. I do hope for the best and I also want to see this team meet up with Damian's previous team members and maybe they can all reconcile. I think that would be pretty cool. But, again we shall see. I just hope for the best and I hope for no character regression.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this week's issue? Let me know in the comments below and as always thank you all for reading this and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!