Just Checking In + Damian and Emiko Character Updates

Hello everyone and welcome back to another update. Looking at this book it's been since back in January when I last updated it. So I figured it was about time.  I hope everyone is doing ok. So with that said I wanted to post an update to this and give a status on how the 2 characters in it are doing as of right now. Originally this book was about the 2 characters of Damian Wayne and Emiko Queen. I really like both of these characters and would have liked for them to remain good friends at least even if they weren't necessarily together. But, DC had other plans. Unfortunate plans. But since then things have changed. Originally (at least according to what bleeding cool says) Damian was supposed to be the big villain of 5G/future state and they wanted to make him and Jon Kent like Magneto and Professor X. It's a terrible idea that thankfully never went through. But, it also goes on to explain explain the terrible character regression of Damian Wayne in that Teen Titans book and why they shat on him so badly. Same goes for Emiko and Wallace as characters too. But they weren't being made out to be supervillains. Just Damian of course. They even made sure to ruin his friendship with Emiko. There was so much potential there but unfortunately it was squandered and I don't know if we will ever see them close again. I hope so. There could have been something special there. Even if they weren't say a couple they could have remained close friends with a special bond with one another. So hopefully one day we will see it.

Anyways, let's talk about the status of both characters right now. Starting with Emiko. Unfortunately Emiko is not in the best place as a character. Right now she is stuck in Teen Titans Academy where she doesn't really have a role at all. That book has too many characters and Emiko is given nothing to do there. She formed a relationship with Wallace at the end of this teen titans book. Appeared in a Valentine's Day special for whatever reason. Then she has just been kind of left in limbo. Although in the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary special she did make a welcome return appearance with Benjamin Percy writing her. It felt good to see her character written well again. It made me smile but also sad knowing I'll probably not see her again anytime soon. I hope she leaves that Titans Academy book and appears in either a future Green Arrow book, or if it were up to me she would become a supporting character in Damian's Robin book as one of his allies. I think it would be good to see. I mean that book already has one Green Arrow character with Connor Hawke. So here's hoping they can add another. Speaking of the Robin book. Let's talk about that now.

Well it's kind of crazy to think how much has changed at DC since last year. Just look at where Damian was at. In August 2020 that's when we got that Teen Titans Annual where Damian ripped the R off his chest and said he was done with being Robin. All those years of character development thrown out the window and the entire book pretty much just wasted all of our time. But, the night is darkest just before the dawn. A lot has changed at DC. New creatives, Didio is gone and Damian now has a solo book with the Robin book. So far we have only gotten 4 issues but it's been pretty good. Yes, Damian was regressed as a character but now Williamson has to try to work to fix the damage that has been done and I'm hoping that he's able to do so and that we can finally move on from this character regression. Have him actually grow as a character and keep it that way. Also, I should mention that Damian did make an appearance in Jon's first solo book issue with Superman: Son of Kal-El. So it's nice to see that him and Jon are still good friends. Anyways, so in Robin Damian is caught in the middle of this League of Lazarus tournament. Goliath returned, Ra's actually showed Damian some compassion, Rose Wilson is acting like a bit protective sister, it has been confirmed that Damian has been reading a lot of Shojo Manga. Which if you don't know is a romance Manga.