Teen Titans #43 Discussion: Damian's Character Continues To Get Crapped On

Hello everyone and welcome back to another chapter in this book. It's teen titans time so let's talk about this issue....

I'm going to be honest I'm a few weeks late on updating this thing. That's because this issue irritated me and I really wanted to forget about it. This was such a frustrating issue that I just kind of chose to ignore it in my mind. I'm not the only person who feels this way. DC had a tweet asking everyone their thoughts on the issue and it was overwhelmingly negative. Just about everyone is shitting on this run and this issue in particular. Plus with the solicitations coming out for October it shows that they're trying to make Damian Wayne a villain (which is an awful idea and goes against years of character development). Just about everyone hates this direction so why do they keep going in this direction!? Why is this team so horrible? Why is Damian attempting to cross the line again!? Why is he basically admitting to killing again when they bring up Brother Blood being killed. Does anyone at DC remember all the hard work done by Tomasi and Gleason!? Why have they been shitting on Damian's character so much in this book!? Why is he fighting with the team!? Why has Emiko been regressed so badly!? Why is Wallace even there when he doesn't really do anything!? Why is Crush like the new leader!? Why is she even friends with Roundhouse (you know the character who betrayed the entire team and trapped Djinn in her ring and yet nobody seems to give a shit about it). Where is Batman!? Why is he being written like such an absentee father who doesn't look out for his son!? Then we have Jon show up for the first time in this entire run because he is worried about Damian but then he up and leaves. Jon wouldn't leave his friend like this. It's so out of character. He'd stay by Damian's side because Damian needs a friend more than anything right now. Jon would not abandon him to go to the future. But, then again Bendis ruined Jon's character. This is fake Jon. DCEASED did it right.

Also, why are we trying to make Damian evil!? Like why we already had this arc multiple times already. We even went over this bullshit earlier on in this run. After the whole storyline with The Other I figured we would move past this already but no. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Damian is now set on takin things too far. Remember when Emiko crossed the line earlier on in this book!? (Also, they still never explained why she did that). Remember how they all agreed that was a bad idea. Why is Damian getting worse then!? I can't take this shit anymore. I really can't. This book is just plain awful right now. The major character regressions, the inconsistent writing, the fact that this book took the teen titans and made them all into a group of unlikable villainous assholes. Why would any of these people work together when nothing has gone right!? This current run has been over 2 years of bullshit. Practically none of these characters have evolved into better people. They just get worse and worse. Now they're going to take the robin mantle away from Damian and continue to shit on his character. This just sucks. It really does. I don't understand who was behind this current storyline but they've been doing a really poor job of handling it. I don't fully blame the writers (even though they are a large part of the problem) I blame editorial for this. Why is it we can get amazing writing in DCEASED and yet we can't seem to get it in the main continuity!?  None of this makes any sense. I'm just dreading the annual as well as issue 44. It's going to piss a lot of people off. This has been a horrible series and done a complete disservice to the amazing work done by some of the writer beforehand. I can't believe we are approaching issue 44 and it has been this poorly handled. Whoever thought this direction was a good idea needs to reevaluate everything. We had something great before this whole run started and the declining sales and fan reactions to it have shown it to be a failure.

As for other aspects of the issue. I have nothing good to say. This issue was crap. Now I normally post images of the issue but I just don't have it in me.l.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this issue? Let me know what you think and as always thank you all for reading this and I hope that you all wonderful day!