30. Daddy's Home

Third Person P.O.V.

It's been a month since Olivia and JJ announced their engagement to the world. They're still staying at JJ's house, having it to themselves with the disappearance of Luke Maybank. The couple decided to go on a date to a fancy restaurant, ending up going to a Chick-Fil-A drive thru instead. They ate in the car and laughed the night away, returning home to take a romantic shower together. The rest of the night was spent watching movies, cuddling in bed, posting on Instagram and laughing at their friends comments before falling asleep in each other's arms.

The constant sound of notifications wakes them up at 3 a.m. JJ rolls over in bed, looking at the clock and seeing the time. He reaches for his phone but Olivia throws her arms over his body to stop. "Just ignore it," she says, cuddling into his side. JJ smiles at the girl he loves but ignores her. He reaches for his phone and clicks on the notifications. His face turns emotionless as he looks at the photos of Olivia and Rafe in Rafe's bed. Olivia notices the change in his expression and grabs her phone too, opening the notifications. Her mouth opens in shock, not believing that Rafe would actually post those pictures on Instagram. Those intimate, private moments from their past are now on the internet for the whole world to see. She throws her phone down angrily and looks up at JJ, ready to explain but he shakes his head and gets up.

JJ picks up a shirt from the floor and puts it on before grabbing his keys, not wasting anytime in leaving. He all but runs out of the house with Olivia a few steps behind him. "JJ please don't leave. We need to talk about this! Just let me explain," Olivia begs, tears falling down her face.

He turns around when he reaches the truck, looking at her with the most heartbroken, devastating face. A few tears fall down his cheeks as he shakes his head. "The pictures were pretty fucking clear, Olivia," he says, anger evident in his voice. He goes to open the door but stops when he hears Olivia's voice.

"So what? You're just gonna leave? All you ever do is run away when things get tough. Just stay and talk like an adult. I'm your fiancé for gods sake, JJ. Just talk to me," she yells, sadness in her voice. She stands a few feet away from him, not wanting to upset him even more but needing him to stay.

He looks at her and sees the tears, but ignores her pleas. "I can't talk to you right now. So yeah, I'm running away. I need to be alone," he says, pushing the urge to run to her and hold her in his arms away as he gets in the truck and drives away. Olivia stands there holding herself, crying. She eventually goes back into the house and grabs her phone, calling him countless times and having the pogues call him as well. Her last resort is to comment on the Instagram post, but his response wasn't hopeful at all.

Olivia cries herself to sleep on the couch, hoping JJ would return home and they could talk. It's barely 7 a.m. when Olivia is awoken by someone touching her knee. She opens her eyes, expecting to see JJ but seeing his dad instead. She jolts up immediately, moving her legs close to her chest as she looks at Luke Maybank in fear. The last time she say JJ's dad was in middle school. From the looks of it, he's high as a kite and curious as to why there's a young girl on his couch.

Luke smiles creepily at Olivia as he stands above her, looking down at her body. Olivia shivers in disgust, wanting to run away but knowing she'll lose the fight. "What's your name, sweetheart?" he asks, licking his lips.

Olivia's breath is shaky as she says, "Olivia. My dad is... I mean was... Big John." She watches as his eyes look around the room, trying to piece together who she is and why she's in his house.

He chuckles and looks back at her, bending down to be eye level. "You've grown up to be quite the looker, Olivia. Why are you asleep on my couch?" he asks, biting his lip while looking at Olivia's legs.

She swallows nervously and backs up as much as she can into the couch, growing more uncomfortable by the second. "JJ and I got into an argument last night and he left. I fell asleep on the couch waiting for him to come back," she admits. a lump in her throat forming as she thinks about the night before.

Luke raises his eyebrows in shock when Olivia mentions his son. "You're still friends with my idiot of a son, huh? He doesn't deserve any friends, that piece of shit," he says, looking away angrily as he talks about JJ.

This angers Olivia, her sadness turning to anger in an instant. "I'm his fiancé, actually. And you're wrong about him. He deserves to be happy and in love and to be loved back. Two of those things you have never given him and for that, you're the piece of shit," she says, not thinking about the consequences of her words.

Luke reaches out and slaps Olivia across the face, shocking her as she raises her hand up to hold her cheek. "You're a terrible father and you don't deserve a son as amazing as JJ. He loves you so much despite how terrible you've treated him his whole life. And I guess since I'm going to be family, it makes sense for you to hit me. Well go at it, I'm not scared of you, asshole," she says, looking Luke dead in the eyes. No fear in her eyes, just pure anger.

Luke laughs at Olivia, finding her sudden bravery hilarious. "You're gonna pay for that, bitch. Come here," he says, grabbing Olivia's legs and trying to pull her closer to him. He stops dead in his tracks at the sound of a gun cocking. Olivia looks up at JJ, who is now standing behind Luke with a gun pointed at his head. Olivia let's out a deep breath she was holding in, feeling relieved and safe now that JJ is there.

"Get the fuck away from her," JJ says, his voice serious and deadly. He holds the gun steady as he clenches his jaw angrily at his father. Luke smirks and turns around slowly, thinking JJ won't do anything to hurt him.

"You're not gonna do anything to me, boy. You're just a stupid, arrogant, useless piece of shit," Luke says, smirking up at JJ.

JJ looks down at his dad, disgust written all over his face. "The second you touched her, you signed your death certificate. All I have to do is pull the trigger and tell the cops it was self defense. Who are they going to believe? An old man high off his ass or us?" JJ says, holding the gun with both hands now.

"Jay, put the gun down. No one needs to die," Olivia says, trying to reason with him, but he ignores her.

"Listen to your little girlfriend, kid. You're too much of a pussy to pull the trigger anyways. I should've killed you when I had the chance," Luke says, laughing to himself.

JJ scoffs and puts the gun against Luke's forehead. "You've had control of me my whole life! You've hated me since the moment I was born and I've dealt with it. You're my dad and I loved you. But the second you touched my girl and made her feel unsafe, all that went out the window. You're nothing to me. You're no one. I hate you," he says, a tear slipping down his cheek from the admission of everything he's held inside for years.

Luke laughs again, ignoring the gun on him and instead turning around to look at Olivia. "Keep talking, kid. Your girl here knows I can show her a good time and she was just about to let me," he says, looking at Olivia and biting his lip.

In a split second decision, JJ pulls the trigger.

________________

Word Count: 1422

Boom.

Bet you weren't expecting that 😶 That's a cliff-hanger if I ever did see one. What do you think is going to happen next?

xoxo, C ❣️