13. Alone Time

This chapter contains mature sexual content.

After ice cream, JJ and I decide to go back to town. It's 2:30 p.m. now, so we have the rest of the day to do whatever we want. We drive with the windows down, feeling the warm breeze and getting lost in the moment. Country music plays from the radio as I look out the window, taking in the views around me. JJ has his hand on my thigh, smiling at me and singing along to the music. We pass by some OBX stores, and I suggest we stop and look around for fun. "We should go in there," I say, pointing to a store called Super Wings, which is just a large store with OBX merchandise. It's a super touristy destination, so us locals avoid it. I look at JJ and smile as he pulls into the parking lot.

"I took a touron to one of these shops a few years ago. I swore to never come back, but here we are," he says, shaking in disgust.

I laugh, "I'll make it worth your time," I say, having an idea in mind.

He raises an eyebrow and gets out of the truck to come open my door. "Are you gonna seduce me in public?" he asks, holding my hand when I'm out of the truck.

We make our way into the store and I roll my eyes at the blonde boy I love. "Shut up," I joke, pushing him playfully.

He smiles at me, his eyes sparkling and I feel myself falling in love even more. I get lost in his eyes and feel stuck in the moment until he pecks my lips. "Are you gonna just stare at me or are we gonna make fun of this shit?" he asks, moving a piece of my hair out of my face.

I lean up and kiss him back. "I can't help it. You're so handsome," I reply before dragging him around the store with me.

We walk around, hand-in-hand, laughing at the tourons with baskets full of OBX stuff.

Suddenly, JJ stops walking and stands in front of me. "Let's make a bet," he says, smirking. I put my hands on my hips, ready to hear what he has in mind. "Whoever can find the most expensive thing in the store the fastest gets to pick out an outfit for the other person to try on," he suggests with a mischievous grin.

I nod, hoping I'll actually win a challenge for once. "You're on," I agree as we shake our hands to make the bet official.

JJ looks at his phone, waiting for the time to turn. When it hits the minute mark, we take off in opposite directions, making our way across the store. I look at hundreds of price tags, realizing how hard of a task it is to find the most expensive item in a giant store. I'm looking at the prices on surf boards when I feel hands on my waist, swaying me back and forth. I turn around and start pouting, knowing I just lost the bet.

JJ smiles down at me and kisses my forehead. "Surfboard by the entrance. $1,000. I win, Princess," he says, pointing to the item and smiling.

I pout some more, "I never win anything."

He leans down to kiss my lips, then pulling me closer to hug me. "You won me. Now, you have to try on whatever I want," he says, pulling away and winking at me.

I roll my eyes as we begin walking around the store. JJ stops every few feet to look at an item on a rack before we eventually make our way to the bikini wall. I smile to myself, remembering the little plan I made earlier. I wanted to try on bikinis and see his reactions, and this bet works in my favor.

JJ looks intently at the wall, scanning the selection in hopes to find the perfect option. His eyes light up when he finds the one he wants and he runs over to grab it. He walks back to me, his smile not leaving his face. "This. This is the one," he says, handing me the worlds smallest bikini. It's a red bandeau-style top with matching thong bottoms.

I examine the bikini before looking at him. "I'll try it on, but the bet doesn't say you get to see," I reply, running off to the fitting rooms. I laugh as I hear him running behind me, yelling "no!" among other things. I stand in the doorway of a fitting room, smiling as JJ comes around the corner.