44. Charleston

"JB you're so stupid," I manage to say through my laughter. We've spent the past few hours riding around Charleston on Lime scooters high out of our minds. John B just face-planted onto the sidewalk because he was staring at Sarah's ass and didn't notice the bump in the sidewalk.

John B flips me off before continuing down the street. We decided to just have fun and see where the day takes us, not making any plans. It's now 6 p.m. and I'm starting to get really hungry. "The munchies are hitting hard. Anyone else?" I say, stopping on the sidewalk to get everyone's attention.

JJ comes up next to me and nods in agreement. "I've been waiting for someone to mention food for like two hours," he says, laughing.

"I'm pretty fucking starving," John B agrees, standing next to us.

"I know a good restaurant with live music, and it's right down the street!" Kiara suggests, and we all nod in agreement before we make our way to the restaurant.

A few minutes later we arrive at the restaurant and are sitting inside waiting for a table. We all make small talk and try to look less high for the waiting staff. About ten minutes later, we're walking to a table right by the band that's playing. JJ grabs my hand and twirls me around before pulling out my chair so I can sit down. I giggle at his actions and sit down, watching as he sits next to me. As soon as he sits down, I put my hand on his knee to gain his attention. "You look extra sexy right now," I say, taking in his appearance. His hair is a little messy from riding around on a scooter all day and he rolled the sleeves of his tshirt up a bit, exposing his biceps.

"Why thank you, m'lady. You've looked extra sexy all day," he says, referencing this morning in the bathroom and then when I was getting ready. I feel my cheeks turning red and I'm about to reply when our waitress comes up to the table with menus.

We all place our orders and watch the band perform while we wait for our food. We're all having our own little conversations while we wait and watch, and about 30 minutes later our food comes. Kiara and I are deep in conversation about whether or not she should add more highlights into her hair when the food comes.

"Holy shit. This looks amazing," Pope says, admiring his plate. We all laugh at him but agree.

"This is gonna hit different," I say, everyone nodding in agreement. We all dig into our food, enjoying the company of each other and the music.

I'm halfway through my meal when I feel a hand on my thigh. I look over at JJ, who is acting like all he cares about is eating his food. I go back to eating my meal when I feel his hand move up higher, and my breath catches in my throat. I cough slightly and move around in my seat a bit when his hand moves dangerously close to where I need him.

"JJ, I swear. If you're just gonna tease me, please stop," I whisper to him so only he can hear. I look around the table and no one is paying attention to our interaction.

"Go to the bathroom in 3 minutes," JJ whispers in my ear, removing his hand from my thigh as he gets up. I watch as he walks to the bathroom, admiring the view. I'm marrying that man. For the next 3 minutes, I sit impatiently listening to Pope as he tells a story about his grandma that lived in Charleston when she was younger. I check the time on my phone and see it's been 3 minutes, so I get up and make my way to the bathroom. There are only two bathroom stalls at this restaurant, both family-sized. I knock on both doors, and JJ opens the door on the right. I smile and walk in quickly as JJ shuts the door behind me. "Took you long enough," JJ says, pushing a piece of hair behind my ears and then lifting my chin up.

I roll my eyes at him. "I came exactly when you told me to," I say.

"You always do," he says, smirking at me before leaning down and closing the space between our lips. I smile into the kiss before it turns more passionate, moving my hands from JJ's chest to the back of his neck. I play with the ends of his hair as he holds my head with his hands, deepening the kiss. "I love you," he says while moving from my lips to my neck.