8. Trouble in Paradise

I wake up to the sunlight shining through the windows, and as I stretch my arms I realize I'm cuddling with someone. I smile to myself and cuddle into the person, thinking it's JJ. I turn around to cuddle into his chest when I realize it's not JJ, it's Rafe. I furrow my eyebrows for a second in confusion, before remembering the events of last night. I feel my face start to blush as I recall our locked-door activities. I look at him as he sleeps, thinking how cute he is when he sleeps. His hair is messy and his lips are curled into a small smile as he sleeps. I run my fingers through his hair, gently as to not wake him. I want to take in this moment as long as possible. After a few minutes, he starts to wake up and I kiss his cheek to get his attention.

He opens his eyes, smiling at me. "Good morning Juliet," he says, his morning voice deeper and raspy. He kisses my forehead, pulling me closer to him.

I giggle, hugging his body to mine. "I slept like an angel," I admit, running my fingers across his chest. He's so warm right now, he's like a cuddly teddy bear.

"I haven't slept that well in a long time. I thank you for that," he replies, hinting that our wild night helped him sleep.

"Last night's activities definitely helped," I say, looking up at him.

He smiles at me, leaning down to kiss me softly. "Definitely," he agrees, then starts to say something but stops. I give him a confused look, so he continues. "Can I ask you something?"

I nod, "of course."

He swallows nervously, "Was that your first time? It didn't— you seemed like you knew what you were doing or at least what you wanted to do and I was just wondering," he asks, and I giggle at his embarrassment to ask me a simple question.

"No, it wasn't my first time. I had a boyfriend for a bit in New York, and we had sex. But that was definitely... new," I admit.

"That was new for me too. It actually meant something," he says, smiling.

I suddenly think of JJ again. He keeps popping up in my thoughts, like something I can't shake. I try to ignore my thoughts as I look at Rafe and smile. "I agree."

We lay there in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company. I start to fall asleep again when I hear my phone buzzing. I reluctantly move out of Rafe's arms to reach for my phone, seeing it's John B calling. I roll my eyes and hit deny.

Rafe reaches for me, seeing as I'm on the other side of the bed now. "Who's trying to interrupt us?" he asks, pouting.

"John B. He probably thinks you murdered me and wants to see if I'm dead," I sigh, only slightly joking.

He laughs, getting up and stretching. I watch him, admiring the view. Messy hair, shirtless, sweatpants Rafe is my favorite Rafe. He walks to the bathroom, shutting the door when my phone buzzes again. This time, I hit answer.

"Olivia Grace Routledge I thought you were dead. I've been calling for hours," John B says, urgency clear in his voice.

"I was asleep," I reply, remembering our argument at the restaurant last night.

"Are you hurt? Did he touch you? I'll come to pick you up—" he starts rambling, and I interrupt him.

"Seriously, John B? I'm fine. Rafe isn't some random boy I just met. He's the guy I like that treats me with more respect than you do," I say, standing up and pacing around the room.

He laughs, "whatever. I was calling to check on you and apologize for last night but you're obviously in a mood so I'll just go."

"I'm in a mood because you're being annoying. If you wanted to apologize you could do it without being rude," I reply. Rafe comes out of the bathroom and sits on the side of the bed, watching me.