3. Twins or Idiots?

As soon as I get back on the boat, I smile in victory. "I was right. Rafe is none of the things you said he was" I state matter-of-factly.

John B looks at me, confused. "He must be one hell of an actor to have gotten you to believe he's a good guy".

I put a hand on my hip, annoyed. "Believe what you wanna believe. Just know you're wrong about him".

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, Olivia. You need to be careful" he sighs, feeling defeated.

"I'll be fine. I know him. He won't hurt me. I know you're just looking out for me, but I promise everything will be okay" I say, standing in front of him and putting a hand on his arm, assuring him.

He mutters an "okay" and goes on to untie the boat from the dock so we can continue our ride. We decide to get some food, as it's now 6 pm. Soon enough we're pulling up to The Wreck. Straight away I notice the restaurant has grown since I left. There's more seating, the outside area has expanded, and there are string lights everywhere. The restaurant has always been an island treasure, and it looks better than ever. 

John B docks the boat and we make our way into the restaurant, looking around for anyone we know. My eyes immediately see the boy I call my little nerd. "Hey nerd!" I shout, earning a lot of weird looks. The boy turns around, gives me one of his signature smiles that lights up the room, and opens his arms. I walk to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Olivia! This is a surprise. Welcome home!" Pope says, still hugging me.

I giggle, not letting go of the boy. "Thanks, Pope. I missed my little nerd. I hear you and my girlfriend are an item now" I say with a wink, pulling away to see his face when I mention Kie. He looks to the side to find the aforementioned girl. I follow his gaze and see her at the bar. "Kie! Get your fine ass over here!" I yell, earning more weird looks from customers, but I shrug it off. I've never been shy in front of an audience.

Kie looks over to me, confusion sprawled on her face until she realizes it's me. She runs over to hug me, saying "Olivia! I missed you. I had to settle for this boy since you've been gone". She kisses my cheek jokingly before standing with Pope, kissing him on the lips sweetly. I smile at the couple; they are two of the best people I've ever met, and now they're together.

I met Kie freshman year. It was bound to happen with all the time I spent at Tannyhill that year. One night I ran into her and Sarah on my way out. I ended up spending the night, and we bonded over our love for the environment and making t-shirts as a hobby. We started hanging out on our own, eventually becoming inseparable. I loved the girl like a sister, but we joked that we were secretly in love. We have an ongoing joke that one day we'll say fuck it and start dating each other, being the hottest couple in the OBX.

I giggled and kissed her cheek like she did to me. "If you get tired of slumming it with Pope, I'm available." I wink, keeping the joke alive.

She laughs, "I'll remember that, hot stuff. So how have you been? I wanna know everything that happened while you were gone. We can have a girls night sometime to catch up!" Kie says, getting excited at the thought of some much-needed girl time after so long.

I smile and agree. "I'm great! I'm just happy to be home. JB and I went on a boat ride earlier to have some sibling bonding time, but we ended up arguing the majority of the time. You know things got bad between us when I left, but we're working through it. Then I went to see Rafe..." I admit, reluctantly. Kie never liked the idea of Rafe and I, but she understood and respected that at the end of the day it's my decision and my life.

Kie looks up at Pope then back at me, smiling softly. "I'm glad you and John B are mending things. He was devastated when you left. I'll be glad to see you guys bickering like normal." She says, ignoring that I mentioned Rafe. I'd rather her not say anything about him than say something I didn't want to hear. She always thought the worst of Rafe; she didn't like that he's 3 years older and a kook. She would rather me be with a fellow pogue than anything.