Cheated Out of Mortality (Chapter Nine)

Começar do início

"Uh, because I'm not real hungry yet.  Besides, I just put lip gloss on.  I don't want that coming off while I'm eating."  I hope she buys my excuse.

"Okay," she shock her head.  "But we are going to have a family dinner tonight, so you better be hungry then."  She walked over to the toaster, putting more waffles in.

Crap!  What am I going to do?  I don't think there is any excuse I could use to skip out on tonight's meal.  Mom's already noticed the fact that I haven't been eating lately.  Help me!

"Say you're hanging out with a friend and then say you'll eat there," the fish in my head suggested.

'Fishy, you are brilliant!  And I'm surprised that you would come up with something like that,' I mentally applauded the voice/fish/thing.

"What do you mean?  And I'm not a fish!"

'I mean you just seem to goody-two-shoes to come up with a lie.' I ignored her protest.

"I'm not a goody-two-shoes, or at least I don't think I am."

'You're right, that's impossible.'

"Yeah."

'Fish don't wear shoes!  Duh!'  I could tell that if she had a hand she would slap her palm onto her face.

"Let me say this as clearly as possible.  I-"

'Uh huh.'

"Am."

'Yeah.'

"Not."

'I understand so far."

"A."

'The first letter of the alphabet!'  She ignored me.

"Fish!"

'Where?!  Oh yeah, there's one in my head.'  I had forgotten that she was forming a sentence after she said 'A'.  When she yelled out 'fish' like that, it had sounded like she was pointing one out to me.

"You are unbelievable!  I wish I wasn't stuck inside of you're head so I could show you that I'm not a fish."

'Do you remember anything besides your name?' I asked her.

"... No, why?" She didn't get what I was getting at.

'Then how do you know you aren't a fish?'

"..."

'That's what I thought.'  I smiled, satisfied that I had won that little battle.

"I will prove to you that I am not a fish!"  After that had been said, no thought, said, thought, said, thought-AH! This is confusing!  Anyway, after she had... said that she didn't make any more comments.

 I walked out into the living room, spinning around until I fell onto the white carpet.

"Nice job keeping your balance," Fez praised me.  "You lasted longer than I thought you would have."

I glared at his floating body.  He must have put the book away, since it wasn't in his hands anymore.

Just then, Samantha walked into the living room and spotted me on the floor, a glare still on my face.

"What are you mad about?" She wondered.

"Huh?  Oh, nothing," I quickly changed my expression to a smile.

 "Right, okay then."  She went over and sat down on the couch, taking out her cell phone.

 "Are you really going to text this early in the morning?"  I asked her.