44

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I have finally lost them, My heart is beating very fast. It's pounding like it's going to explode anytime soon.

"Hey what are you doing there?" I glanced up to met an angry set of eyes.

"Sorry ma'am." I apologised.

"Get out of my shade!" She yelled, I quickly carried myself and ran out.

That woman was scary but not compared to the cold pursuit I was on.

Just across where I was standing was another way, the people chasing me went forward so I crossed, passed through all the people moving here and there to buy the things Gangaa sent me to.

I still can't feel my legs.

*****
"Here." I gave the woman selling mangoes her money then she handed them to me.

"Thank you."

Then I heard chatters from all around and when I turned to see, people already crowded in front of me.

'what's going on?'

I walked closer, I finally heard someone say, 'king Arnav was shot.'

King Arnav?

I tried going through but no one let me as they too wanted to see.

"Hey didn't your mother teach you any manners?" Someone I mistakenly stepped on shouted.

"Sorry sir." I withdrew back.

I continued with my purchase around, hearing all the chats and gossips and shocked expressions they made.

People are too nosy to know what's happening to the extent of leaving their business to see.

I stood there waiting for the vendor who left me standing to listen to the gossips. He saw me but he continued watching. I too want to see.

I can't take it anymore!

I pushed away anyone in my way to see what's happening.

Hearing 'king Arnav' made me interested in seeing him but I was too late.

I finally squeezed myself in but what I saw was men riding in their horse back to 'i don't know where.'

The palace maybe.

I have never seen the palace before, nor any other place apart from our house and the market.

Just then my eyes caught sight of something.

I went forward and picked it up.

"What do you want miss? You want a poster too?" A man, probably the owner of the paint shop am standing in asked.

I didn't answer, instead my eyes were glued to what I saw.

_____

What could she had seen?

Please don't forget to vote comment share follow

With love 💖

Anita 💞💃